1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this placement is correct?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by FreeFun4Every1, Aug 10, 2013.

I had recently placed ads on my fb cover site but i am confuse about placement. I hope I am not violating any Ad placement policies mainly "Aligning images with ads" because I am using 300x250 px rectangle ads just below covers. Though cover box have different dimensions that is 310x176 px but still I am confuse so experts plz help me in this case...

http://www.atozfbcovers.com
    Code (markup):
    Please view Homepage and latest covers page

FreeFun4Every1, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  2. 24wallpapers

24wallpapers Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think it is fine , But facebook like pop up is not good

24wallpapers, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  3. DrBlowFish

DrBlowFish Member

Best Answers:
    I think it looks great. I almost clicked one thinking it was a cover, so great job! Best of luck to you in the future :) If you ever need anything pm me.

DrBlowFish, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  4. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks 24wallpapers for dragging my attation on it, I had never think about this While digging on internet I just found and interesting article about it
    http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/blog/use-lightbox-with-adsense/
    but still I am confuse because in many other sites they have mixed opinion even in Adsense Community on Google group they had many different answer now I really want clarification on this one. Can anyone make it clear??

5. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    @browntwn @adsenseplr @dcristo @Agent000 @metros - It will be nice to hear your opinion in case of Lightbox placement on my site
    As I had not injected ad in lighbox and Given close button or outside click can also close lightbox but I am quite afraid because close button of Lightbox is just over that adsense unit. :(

6. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd held back from commenting on this one, but glad I did, I now see where you are coming from and that you are worried that someone clicks Facebook and/or misses and clicks adsense ad by mistake. It's a worry BUT I'm not convinced it strictly breaks policy as such, only thing being that they state:-
    Sites that contain excessive pop-ups, use sneaky redirects to obtain traffic, or otherwise attempt to interfere with normal web navigation aren't permitted in the AdSense network. Please make sure your site doesn't deceive your users in any way. Also, every AdSense publisher is required to adhere to the Webmaster Guidelines on quality to ensure that their site provides a positive user experience."
    Now you've only the one popup, it's not excessive, and it's a common facebook plugin, but it does obscure the ad and could just fall foul of the above. It'd be harsh if it did, as I think it's more the "Intent" to deceive and you clearly aren't attempting to deceive anyone otherwise you wouldn't have asked about it in this post. I would move the popup though so it did not obscure the ads in any way, nor sit over any navigation/menus. Then I think you should be okay.
    As placement goes it's brilliant, my only worry is it's too good! Possibly a border around them so as not to fall foul of the image rule?

adsenseplr, Aug 10, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  7. FreeFun4Every1

Best Answers:
    @adsenseplr - thanks for looking into issue and giving your valuable feedback..Meanwhile I had researched on many based on some high paying keywords like android, automobiles and they are also using this kind of lightbox and my all worries gone away ;) and about borders around ads if i do so then whole CSS messup :( but if you look closely then you can find adsense itself showing borders around their ads so may be i don't need to worry about that after all both covers box and rectangle ads have different dimensions.

FreeFun4Every1, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  8. DexPedition

DexPedition Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looks awesome man, good job on the Ads.
    What is your avg revenue?

DexPedition, Sep 7, 2013 IP