1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog Syndication: What Are Some Good Methods Of Syndicating Content?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by junior777, Aug 2, 2013.

Okay, so I've been blogging for a little while now. I'm curious though, there's a particular person who I follow on facebook and he gets tons of traffic to his blog.

The funny thing though, is his posts are normally very short promotional style blogs and they are not keyword optimized at all for the search engines.

If that's the case, how then is he driving so much traffic to his blog?

As far as syndication goes, I'm familiar with Onlywire, Tribepro (which I don't like), and Hootsuite as tools that can be used as a form of blog syndication. But is there something that I'm missing?

I understand that organic traffic takes time, but when this guy does a blog post. You can see from the LiveFyre plugin that anywhere from 25-100 people are looking at it almost immediately.

Just curious if anyone had any idea how he might be generating so much traffic so fast to blog posts that are not even optimized. Also, my major question was are there some Syndication methods I could implement outside of Onlywire and Hootsuite?

junior777, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  2. webdesigngrl

webdesigngrl Active Member

Best Answers:
    I heard that you should also ping your blog I use pinger, and pingler, and backlinking which I need to start doing check out youtube on how to properly syndicate your blog posts hope that helps.

webdesigngrl, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  3. bettaone

bettaone Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using Wordpress I suggest you use the plugin Shareaholic and you configure who you want to syndicate your information with. You pick but I would definitely make sure that you use sites like Digg, Delicious, Tumblr and Reddit.

bettaone, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  4. Alrik Vincent

Alrik Vincent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you could share his website, I might be able to look into it and tell you how he is getting traffic.

Alrik Vincent, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  5. junior777

junior777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of them is BadGuyMarketing.com and the other is ENForDummies.com

junior777, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  6. anw001

anw001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It might be that he has a lot of following on social media sites (which he might have built from many years) and now whenever he posts something new on his blog, his followers and RSS subscribers immediately know of it and this is how he might be getting traffic to his sites.

anw001, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  7. junior777

Best Answers:
    That's sort of what I thought too. But he's only been marketing for about a year. Whatever the case, he knows how to get people on that site! I just want to learn how to do the same.

junior777, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  8. Alrik Vincent

Alrik Vincent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am 85% sure that he using paid traffic. His webpages are designed for traffic which has a low attention span. I am pretty sure he doesnt use SEO or Social Media. If he is getting traffic from Social Media, it might be from a paid source like facebook ads. BadGuyMarketing seems to have a low alexa rank indicating high traffic, but it doesnt have any page rank whatsoever. Most authority sites get linked to a lot and hence have a high page rank. Like you already mentioned, his websites are mostly promotional and offer very little value on their own. So he sells stuff and even if 1% of the traffic he pays for converts, he will make a huge profit. He can later put in more money and scale up. I am guessing he makes quite a bit already.

Alrik Vincent, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  9. legauxenterprises

legauxenterprises Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should take another angle to your problem. Look at your problem with a PR mindset.
    Use a method all the PR masterminds use to get there bs stories in the mainstream press. Should also help you syndicate your post.

Ryan Holliday has a good technique to drive traffic.

http://www.mohnish.net/2013/04/16/how-to-make-the-national-news-in-3-way-too-easy-steps/

legauxenterprises, Aug 14, 2013 IP
    junior777 likes this.
  10. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    This probably does explain things. He probably is using paid traffic. I thought good was trying to take poor content off the Internet, though.

Alyssa Lochmore, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  11. Isadore Gregory

Isadore Gregory Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't really think of anything other than the fact that he could be using facebook ads, paid advertisements. You will know it. If there are plenty of comments and interactions from his posts, then you can say its actual interactions from facebook contacts but if those are only likes, then most likely, he is advertising through facebook promotion.

Or have you ever considered asking me about it by contacting him directly? He might be able to answer that question and give you some of his ideas. Who knows?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
    Isadore Gregory, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  12. Ryan Rutan

Ryan Rutan Member

Best Answers:
    Content syndication usually refers to a content syndication agreement that is made by a writer and the person/company/website that they are submitting or providing it for. This agreement usually enables for there to be some kind of compensation going to the author, from simply adding their name to the article and acknowledging who wrote it, to paying the author each time the content or article is posted to the web.
    Don’t think that content syndication is limited just to articles that are on the web; you can extend this to any type of writing, such as:
    • Blogs
    • Reports
    • Travelogues

Ryan Rutan, Aug 18, 2013 IP
  13. junior777

Best Answers:
    Thanks everybody, lots of good feedback!

junior777, Aug 26, 2013 IP
  14. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how he does it. I used to use onlywire and it worked pretty well for traffic. but honestely these days I just focus on social media, that brings grat traffic.

ninjamtlt1, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  15. lesa mitchell

lesa mitchell Member

Best Answers:
    Divide your content development efforts. This is also an interesting option. Simply allocate part of your content development efforts toward creating content for your site, and part toward developing content for other web sites (for syndication). The idea is to create new original articles that you don’t publish on your own site. The articles are designed and created solely for publication elsewhere as explained by searchengineland.

lesa mitchell, Aug 28, 2013 IP
  16. fppt

fppt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are several blog syndication networks like Zimbio.com, Socialmediacollective.com, Typepad.com for content marketing. It is good for SEO (Make sure you only have excerpts of your articles displayed in your RSS feeds).

Another technique is by social media curation, you can use HootSuite for that.

fppt, Aug 28, 2013 IP
    junior777 likes this.
  17. junior777

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the resources.

junior777, Sep 9, 2013 IP
  18. Socialseo

Socialseo Member

Best Answers:
    You can find a few Google "social media syndication"

Socialseo, Mar 31, 2014 IP