1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How good is this site? room for improvement?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Abid Ali, Aug 9, 2013.

Hey guy's here is my site http://www.soft47.com/

Please tell me is it good?

If not then how can i improve it?

Solved! View solution.
    Abid Ali, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  2. 24wallpapers

24wallpapers Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lol !looks like file hippo site to me :)

Work on Website seo :)

24wallpapers, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  3. C. Berntsen

C. Berntsen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like it, the design is kinda old-school, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Now you just gotta figure out, how to make your site more attractive than the many other similar sites?. Ask yourself, why should someone choose your site over a well recognized site like Softpedia or CNET's download.com? It is time to come up with ideas. :)

C. Berntsen, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  4. Designer6

Designer6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like it, but I recommend improving its design. It is kinda of old a little bit so improving its design would definitely help.

Designer6, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  5. Bocephus

Bocephus Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a thought, but I like the design, however, It doesnt really showcase what your focus is. Also a header/footer would help this site out a lot. Again, my opinion. Have a great day!

Bocephus, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  6. TokensLive.Com

TokensLive.Com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my opinion you need a better menu system (user friendly menu system) so users can find what they are looking for faster without getting bored.

Next, a good heading/title that informs users about your site content.

And finally, if you are going to update the menu system, also think about updating the page layout too.

TokensLive.Com, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  7. rabi_nawaz

rabi_nawaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear Your website seems great. i recommend you to work on SEO. for improving your SEO i suggest you best offer that write a unique article regarding your website and send me at . i will post your article at my blog with your website links @ free of cost. if you are interested please feel free to contact for further query.

With profound Regards,

Rabi

rabi_nawaz, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  8. BRITTANEY86

BRITTANEY86 Banned

Best Answers:
    It looks good,just improve on your design

BRITTANEY86, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  9. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually very good :) Design is simple but good looking. Content is very good and i see many good apps there so I will check your site if I need something ;)

kenzo22, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  10. davetrebas

davetrebas Active Member

Best Answers:
    An About Me or Mission statement would be a good thing to have. What and Why this website. I guess it is sorta obvious, but it helps to spell it out.

davetrebas, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  11. Abid Ali

Abid Ali Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to every one for feedback. I will keep in mind all these tips to improve site and SEO.

Abid Ali, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  12. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    HostPlanz, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  13. Abid Ali

Abid Ali Member

Best Answers:
    Because i have many other useful apps which filehiippo doesn't have. e.g Wise Disk Recovery.

Abid Ali, Aug 10, 2013 IP
    I don't think that's gonna make you win visitors over the popular and well established filehippo. It isn't a significant difference. The site is basically the same as filehippo, just a few more apps maybe. Why would someone use your site when it has less features than filehippo and filehippo is already popular and established? If you're not different, then you're competing with the others who are like you..... and if those others are already winning, you're most likely to lose.

Find a difference and make it the selling point of the site. Example: You can add a forum into the site that has discussions about the apps - like tutorials, bugs, support, etc and add affiliate links to paid versions of the app if there's any (make money $$)..... You can make it responsive so it can be viewed on all devices. Responsive is standard in the industry now anyway.... You can allow app submissions by users so they can add apps for the admin to review and approve. You can allow app authors to pay for their apps to be featured (make money $$)..... and so much more.

Once you have all the features filehippo has, then there's a possibility of winning their visitors/users.... If you add additional features that filehippo doesn't have and make it better/more useful, you're no longer competing with filehippo, you're plain and simply better than them and there'll be no question as to which is the better site.

Like these ideas and need help upgrading the site, you can hire me and make use of my ideas and services :cool:

HostPlanz, Aug 10, 2013 IP