1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can i send notifications by SMS to all website members ?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by netgeek, Aug 3, 2013.

Hello Everyone,

* Can anyone help me in guiding how can i send notifications to registered members via SMS ?
    * Now as these people are registered members of my site, can i have some portal in my
    site where i can type a message and send it to all these people via sms ?
    Is this possible ?

Thank you very much,

netgeek, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  2. tickedon

tickedon Member

Best Answers:
    Twilio (http://www.twilio.com/) provide a set of APIs for SMS (and voice calls), they've got a fairly detailed SDK so you should be able to integrate it quite easily with your site. While it's not expensive, it will add up if you have lots of users!

tickedon, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  3. umpahpah

umpahpah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Service you are looking for is called bulk sms. Many sites offer that and there are many different packages and variations, so maybe the best thing is to just google search bulk sms and check out multiple offers/sites to see which one is best for you.
    Once you find the one that has good price and tools you need, you will find detailed explanation on that site and there is always technical contact on site so they will help you with using the system

umpahpah, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  4. juggalox

juggalox Member

Best Answers:
    Both of the above users have said it right but to put it well , you can get bulk sms services through various providers but Twilio has an excellent API for swift communication.

juggalox, Aug 8, 2013 IP