1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Gain Access & Backup Our Wordpress Site - Lost Server & WP Login

Discussion in 'Programming' started by captain-crunch, Aug 8, 2013.

Price

Information

Instant Pay:
No

Does not qualify for feedback.

Info here is claimed by the seller and is not a replacement for your own due diligence.

Embed

HTML:
BBCode:
Link image:
    The company I work for currently runs a number of wordpress websites and after sacking the old marketing manager he has changed all the passwords to the cpanel and wordpress logins.

The hosting company has refused to give us access to the web hosting as it was him that set up the account although we do have access to our email and domain name.

I am looking to create a full backup of the site so we can move it to a new server so I need to install a backup plugin unless you have a better idea!

I have been given a budget of $50 per site (there are a few of them) and I need this done ASAP before he breaks it even more

If required our boss will give you a letter confirming he is ok with you accessing the site in any way you can

PM me with your skype, email and tell me how fast you can do it

captain-crunch, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  2. Demonic

Demonic Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No offense, but you're basically asking for someone to hack the servers correct? not sure if that's allowed here :/

Demonic, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  3. captain-crunch

captain-crunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't want someone to hack the server and change anything I simply need a backup of our site. I can show ownership of the site, domain etc and email them from the official company email account.

We are essentially locked out our website

captain-crunch, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  4. almostfamous

almostfamous Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    sounds fun :) pm me your skype and we can talk there

almostfamous, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  5. harrisunderwork

harrisunderwork Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are you paying the bills of hosting company ?

If yes, you can reset the password of cpanel. Once cpanel is accessible, you can reset wp login credentials.

If things dont work out, lemme know, I can create a bot that can create exact copy of ur blog (content).

harrisunderwork, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    if you are locked out, then there is not much that you can really do.
    Your company should have access to legal advice. Why not call the police? If this website is owned by the company, would this not be considered to be employee theft? Additionally, I am sure he could be held liable for damages (or in the least malicious damage to company property) should he sabotage the sites intentionally.

The longer you muck around and wait, the more chance there is that the guy will permanently wipe out all of the sites, and if they have back access, they can do alot of damage to your email accounts. Your legal team should be able to deal with this quickly (and more safer then a hacker would).

Hiring a hacker is not necessarily ethical for a company to do, (and if someone is hacking for you, there is no guarantee that backdoors, or trojans wont be placed in their for you) . I cannot imagine how your company will explain those receipts to the accountant!

matt_62, Aug 13, 2013 IP