1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where I can find one or more Investors online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Stark Frank, Jul 29, 2013.

Hi everyone.

I have a project for one small online business, I invest my all resurses and now I need aprox 200 dollars to finish my project, now it, is small invest, but I thinking to return 3 times that investment.

So where I can make public my offer, is any place online to find this kind of solution?

Thanks.

Stark Frank, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What you are doing by posting this thread is going about it the right way. You need a partner and because it requires a small investment, you will probably see interest here. But where you have fallen short is in the details.
    If you want serious partners to come in with you, then you have to demonstrate that your plan (idea) is worth their time and money. Be sure to illuminate the time frame involved, how long will it take for them to see a return on their investment?
    So do yourself a favor and elaborate a bit, good luck to you with this.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  3. Stark Frank

Stark Frank Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey thanks for your reply, get your point but is one problem because this area have rules against that kind of thread, and the specific area for my need is lock to me until I get established member status, so if you now other places online where to solve my problem please tell me :)

Anyway this are the rules here:

FYI, this forum is ONLY for help with the topic at hand (General Business).

It is NOT for seeking business partners or employment.

All posts relating to work or trade of any kind belong in the appropriate section of the Buy, Sell & Trade forum (for those seeking business partners that would be root).

Infractions will be issued for anyone who ignores this.

If you don't have enough posts or haven't been a member long enough to create a thread in B,S & T, wait until you qualify.

While you are at it, if you are going to use the Buy, Sell & Trade forum you should read this: Quick Reference [Allowed or Not]

Spoiltdiva likes this.
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You are quite right, but.....there are ways to get your ideas across without violating the rules. It's all in the way you use semantics. Lawyers are adept at bending and twisting rules without actually breaking them.;)
    Anyway you have started the process, and perhaps interested parties will contact you via PM. Your life will of course be easier once you are established. You really ought to try and deal with that and try to get those 2 other likes.

P.S. I gave you a like because you have demonstrated that you not only understand the rules, but have respect for them as well.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  5. Stark Frank

Stark Frank Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey thanks for you support :)
    I think you are very clever and you get the exact point :p

Anyway I get a PM from here but Is not for all my needs and I must to find that place where are more people intrested.
    So still waiting for other ideas...

6. abdullahrafiq

abdullahrafiq Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why do you want to find an investor online? If you are not known or a trusted member, it will be harder, but is indeed possible if someone likes your idea very much.

It will be much easier finding one offline, a person you personally know and he knows you - even if he does not know you very well, it will be much easier than online.

abdullahrafiq, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  7. Stark Frank

Stark Frank Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes good point, but here in my country the people that know me, have no idea about online business o invest in someone idea, and to ask for invest is equal with borrow.
    In online I now is a lot of peple waiting to invest in a good idea but is hard to find them.

For example I make this days one account on other forum and I start a thread with my offer and all detail, after 10 minutes I get 3-4 user intrested, after other 10 minutes I get 10 replys. And finally my thread was deleted for wrong area, because I broke the rules...
    Hope you understood me.

Thanks anyway for your advise.

8. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Many people I have spoken with over the past couple of years, have had ideas that were great, they really were great. But that alone doesn't mean that they will be successful, and you just know that the site will fail. I just found out on the weekend of a $15k site (that I refused to touch) has officially failed... and it was under 2 years ago they were standing in the room debating strongly on how they will make money from this, this, this, and this. Instead, they failed, failed, failed, and failed.

To give you an idea, an investor is going to want to know things such as:
    1. your business plan
    2. how will this earn back its money (theories of possible clicks from ads from a possible cpc is not a reliable business model)
    3. how will you market this, what sites will this be advertised on-> if your answer is to put a signature link on the digitalpoint forums, then I'm sorry but that just doesnt cut it!
    4. can you prove that you have had success promoting and advertising other sites? If so, why aren't they earning enough to fund this project? If not, then you probly dont have the skills to make this site a success.
    5. if this is a sure thing, why cant you raise the money on your own?

The reason number 5 is important is that there are people around you, who trust you more then I do! Theres family, friends, there is bank loans, and credit cards... You could work weekends, or ask your boss for an advance (or swap holidays for cash, as I have done that in the past), or you could do odd work for people on fiverr, or on this forum, selling your services or skills in order to raise the $200....

My question to you is why do you need $200 for? If you need a developer to finish the project, or artists, or writers, or marketers; then instead of asking for a cash investment, ask for people to partner up with you. That way they are only risking a bit of their time and skills, and as the money starts flowing in, you pay back all of your partners in equal amounts until they are properly paid for the time and effort they invested.

I do understand the entire point of looking for investors, but it might not happen.

matt_62, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  9. Stark Frank

Stark Frank Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This thread is about where to find investors or partners for my online business is not about my business and my offer.

But thanks you give me one very good idea, to find people that offer services that I need and get partners in this way. After I get the established member I use the section area where can hire people...

Thanks again for you idea. :)

Stark Frank, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  10. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    the majority of my post isnt aimed at your personal situation, but more to give you an idea, and to prepare you for what to expect when asking members of this (digital point) forum for investors. I didn't mention this forum as a place for looking for investors, as it was previously covered.

Either way, best of luck to your project.

matt_62, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  11. kamilo37

kamilo37 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Creating a business plan is one way to go...

Another way is to write a loan listing on one of the prime-time person-to-person(P2P) lending website, like Prosper.com.

P2P lending is an innovative way for people to borrow money at lower rates. People like to use P2P sites to knock out high-interest credit card debt, start or grow their small business, and finance everything from college to green home-improvement projects.

I've personally participated in over 5 business plan competitions, before I discovered that Prosper was a much more effective way to look for money by doing so online.

There's no bank involved in P2P lending. It's often referred to as social lending. To create a listing that will attract investors, you need to explain the purpose of the loan and calmly state what's going on n your life. You can make it personal, though you don't have to give away your identity. For example, you can include a photo on your listing. (I've even seen a borrower use a photo of a newborn and a really cute puppy) Be creative. A photo is a nice touch and makes it personal.

kamilo37, Aug 8, 2013 IP