1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think of this website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by chiller4life, Aug 6, 2013.

what would you do to make this website better and what would you do to make more sales out of it?

www.zuaibhsupersite.com

chiller4life, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  2. NameNetwork

NameNetwork Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's WAY too wordy ... not scannable with logical call-to-action's ... if u'r objective it to get ppl to sign up for the newsletter then why isn't there an incentive and if it's not the pages main objective, i'm assuming the main objective is to get ppl to hit the TINNNNY order now button waaaaaay down the bottom of the page, then why is the subscribe stuff so prominent ... did i mention it's WAY too wordy ... do a bunch of reading on sales pages, landing pages etc

NameNetwork, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  3. JoomlaBoy

JoomlaBoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to split the article into some small articles.

JoomlaBoy, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  4. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will change the dark background with white or some lighter..
    Change the width to wider..

bluebenz, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  5. istani123

istani123 Member

Best Answers:
    It looks very old fashioned to me.... and thus with less credibility.

istani123, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It suffers from some common failings -- inaccessible fixed metric (px) fonts on everything, and a few spots of illegible color contrasts (though that last one at least seems limited to non-content elements and instead things like the small print disclaimer), serif fonts on screen (serif is for print, sans is for screen... say it with me people...), broken/illogical heading orders (Do I smell HTML 5 idiocy?), inaccessible images for text content, and a broken attempt at responsive layout.

Under the hood it's that wonderful mix of HTML 5 asshattery and turdpress crapping all over the markup. From the garbage nonsense of wrapping the html tag in IE conditionals for some stupid namespace asshattery, endless pointless "OG" meta, time-wasting google font garbage, and of course turdpress' "Let's throw endless classes on things and DIV around things for nothing", clearfix like it's still 2001, presentational use of classes, double breaks doing paragraph's job, STRONG around things that shouldn't be recieving "more emphasis", empty paragraph/non-breaking spaces doing padding and/or margin's job...

Hardly a wonder it wastes 34k of markup on delivering 14k of plaintext and a half dozen content images... anywhere from 1.5x to twice the markup needed.

Overall it's a bloated slow mess -- 2.3 megabytes for THAT, in 80 files is a serious "FOR WHAT?!?" -- 25 javascripts for **** only knows what. 32 images leaves me scratching my head, and there is no legitimate reason for ANY website to use twelve separate stylesheets totalling 148k when the only media target is "ALL"!

My advice would be to throw it out and start over with semantic markup, separation of presentation from content, and logical document orders... paying attention to accessibility guidelines like the WCAG.

To be frank, what you have is ENTIRELY what I've come to expect from off the shelf solutions like turdpress, you've fallen into the trap of the sleazy shortcuts that in terms of running a business is just going to cost you more in the long run, no matter how much time said 'tools' saved you at the start.

It's a bit like credit -- pay more later for something you can't afford now. NOT a sound battle plan.

deathshadow, Aug 7, 2013 IP
    NameNetwork likes this.
  7. pharrellexley

pharrellexley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Adding columns would be a good idea, avoid from too much text it looks busy. Try to aim for a cleaner look.

pharrellexley, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  8. username12345

username12345 Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to split up the wording, simplify the design a bit maybe..seems like alot of word crunching, sorry, hope you can accept my honesty :)

username12345, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  9. Lateshia Thomas

Lateshia Thomas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to make the ad more appealing. Choose more bright colors that attracts peoples eyes and grab their attention. I also think that you should use more catchy words you can learn to be a web traffic controller here and you will not be sorry. Make your words sound more convincing and confident. If you don't strike the viewers with confidence in what you are trying to do then they are less likely to check it out.

Lateshia Thomas, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  10. Mark Essinger

Mark Essinger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Use font without serifs, site looks a bit trashy.

Mark Essinger, Aug 7, 2013 IP
  11. SheepGuru

SheepGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    You should pay attention to what deathshadow said, everything he said is dead on. Excluding a massive overhaul of your entire site (which is probably your best bet) you could do a few things.

I see your site as a scam advertisement. You know the one, miles of text making extraordinary claims with a buy button at the bottom that ends up disappointing the reader. If I were you, I would create a good visual presentation of exactly what you are selling right at the top of the page along with a buy button. Highlight certain features of your product by using bullets that could link to additional information. Take the 10 pages of text, separate it and move it off of the landing page. Link to those articles, or if you must keep the text on the landing page, put the content in tabs.

Basically, I think you should make your landing page look more like a product page at a store and less like a blog. It would seem more trustworthy that way.

SheepGuru, Aug 8, 2013 IP