1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Genesis - category homescreen

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by sarahk, Aug 6, 2013.

I'm having my first foray into using Genesis and can see that it does a hell of a lot but haven't quite worked out where all the documentation is hidden. We've got the home page at departmentofcycling.com looking ok-ish and have some serious work getting the content tidied up so that the slider etc can work the way it should.

The site has 3 main sections and we want to replicate the concept of the 4 boxes (possibly with sidebar, and displayed as 2x2) when the users click on the main menu button for the sections.

If I was doing this in the old days I'd have a custom page template with shortcodes to display the boxes in their 2x2 layout but I'm guessing the Genesis system might have already worked this out. Any ideas of a smarter way to get what I want?

sarahk, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    I do tons of freelance work for Wordpress plugins/themes. With that said I have avoided Genesis like the plague because it is an entirely different way of making themes.

My advice is to swap back before it's too late if possible. Or just be prepared to learn their system (which sucks).

I know it's not the advice you wanted to hear, but just my opinion.

aaron_nimocks, Aug 6, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It is too late but good advice that it's entirely different, ie don't expect what has worked before to work again!

sarahk, Aug 6, 2013 IP