1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to recover my website rankings?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seo-naive, Jul 5, 2013.

My website is penalized by penguin update 2.0 and the rank fall in search engine. Here is the link: http://www.semseogurus.com
    so now what should I do to recover my previous rankings?

Regards

Swati

Solved! View solution.
    seo-naive, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  2. ebiztrendz.com

ebiztrendz.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    HI Swati,
    I don't find any thing wrong in your website, the other thing left is Off page activites.
    Check your backlinks, and try to remove bad neighbour hood links.

Authority back links are important and if that doesn't recover, then change the URL's.

ebiztrendz.com, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  3. cartoonbabyboy

cartoonbabyboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe there's nothing wrong with your site, it's only the google algorithm changing and other sites are getting better ranking than you solely for this reason. I've noticed this on a lot of my websites too for the past month.

cartoonbabyboy, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  4. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    The site may be penalized for unnatural link building so it would be good if you build natural links from now..

I would say.

SERPpoint, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  5. adgaro

adgaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, over-optimization is a real issue nowadays. Everything should look very natural.

adgaro, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  6. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a detailed blog on penguin recovery which will give you complete details.

rankwatch.com, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  7. cks1988

cks1988 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Swati,

In my opinion, I think the first thing that we need to do is to confirm whether your site has been penalized.

I did some checking for your website, I think it is not penalized. It looks fine and perfect. The ranking dropped might be temporary.

All the best!

cks1988, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  8. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    HI dude....

Do you have any tool for checking the bad neighbour hood links on the website?

unna, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  9. sommetsolutions

sommetsolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi All

I need your help! Can anyone provide me free High PR (9-1) Social bookmarking, Instant Directory(9-1 PR) and Press Release sites. My email id is sommetseo @ gmail . com

Thanks in Advance!

sommetsolutions, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  10. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you're completely sure that it was affected by the 2.0 update, I recommend getting a new domain and setting up your site there... You can even use the same content that is on the penalized site.

If there's a branding issue, I still recommend getting a new domain and creating completely new/unique content for it, and directing traffic from the new domain/website to your old one.

I also think you're on-page is HIGHLY OVER-OPTIMIZED....make sure you are NOT keyword stuffing in the title, meta descriptions, meta tags and in the content of your site.

Bottom line, get a new domain...

Its much easier/faster to rank a new domain than it is to rank a penalized one.

Holla!

GuruCreation, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  11. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    You may grab a backlink tool first, analyze your backlinks and get rig of bad ones.
    However, moving your site to a new domain and building Penguin-compliant backlinks afterwards actually seems to be a better option.

Kianu42, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  12. neetuk

neetuk Member

Best Answers:
    Use SMO in addition to SEO work to improve ranking of website.

neetuk, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  13. easycontent

easycontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Remove all the low and spammy links from your site and built quality backlinks to your site and also pay attention in your content and website promotion in social media site, i hope you will get better result .

Thank you...

easycontent, Jul 30, 2013 IP

Login to your account at Google Webmaster Tools and check the error messages.This could give you some idea of what is wrong.Possibilities are that you have done something against Google´s terms of service when it comes to link building.

I checked your website and noticed that there is not so much content.Try adding unique high quality content to it regularly.Do not over optimize your site using the same keyword phrase too often.

I also looked where your links come from using BackLinkWatch.com and noticed that a lot of your links come from a site called http://www.domaincabinetsdirect.com/, which is totally irrelevant to your niche.Maybe this has something to do with it.

Here is a video (made in May 2013) where Matt Cutts, Head of Google´s Webspam team, talks about what is coming up in link building.Some great tips!

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    Tom Lindstrom, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  15. tanmay.kamath1992

tanmay.kamath1992 Member

Best Answers:
    Try Linking quality backlinks to related sites.. Building high quality backlinks helps. I have seen 2 websites constantly improving their ranks because of building quality backlinks..
    And yeah the above user was right. Try posting some new contents. Post some unique contents on your blog.
    SMO helps .. But organic traffic will improve your rankings.

tanmay.kamath1992, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  16. ballyjames21

ballyjames21 Member

Best Answers:
    to recover your site's ranking you should remove your spam links and increase the content quality.

ballyjames21, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  17. alphaomegalady

alphaomegalady Member

Best Answers:
    Get new domain maybe easier but you're missing the whole point here. If you claim yourself as semseogurus.com, shouldn't you able to handle this kind of issue?

alphaomegalady, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  18. Manish Jangid

Manish Jangid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Remove all of your low quality backlinks and never be use same links two times (twice) at a single page, if you use more then single time it's effect that particular website.

Manish Jangid, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  19. seo-naive

seo-naive Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Friends I have changed my website content and have also removed the low quality backlinks, especially all links from domaincabinets. Still site is not making any progress in search engine rankings.

Few days back, it hit almost 30-40 rankings for around 1-2 days for 8 high competitive keywords [ might be because of the latest panda update] but then the rankings again bounced back to out of 500.

I can share the webmaster link report if you need it.

Indeed it is an embarrassing situation but I am not able to get a right solution. I have added more juicy content to the site, built fantastic inter-linking and did article posting on multiple sites with good pr [all approved]. Still I can see no improvements.

Let me know how I can improve my backlinks. Have done classified posting, article posting, pr posting, bookmarking etc

Help please.

seo-naive, Aug 6, 2013 IP