1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Okey I have made an eCommerce site, what now ?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by AA.WebDev.Ltd, Jul 28, 2013.

people say ' do what you love, love what you do' and that's exactly i am trying to do here, i have made a site with the products I know well, personally know the makers of the products, all are hand made and also had conversation with the FedEx guys for shipping options. But with my very limited budget and reach, can somebody tell me how i can make it successful ? How to see the first dot in my sales graph ? I have tried joint venture options, people are readily interested to invest in affiliate marketing but less interested in physical product selling as they involve lot of time and not instant on giving high profits ! So, now I have the site set up, some products added and ready to begin, but can anybody point me to the right direction, light up the torch ?

AA.WebDev.Ltd, Jul 28, 2013 IP
    darknight2010 likes this.
  2. Mr victor

Mr victor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The next thing is to create awareness to your website, you can locally target visitors from your city and state for a start by doing offline advertising. Then use adwords from google to promote your website online.

Mr victor, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  3. AA.WebDev.Ltd

AA.WebDev.Ltd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok but I am targeting people from usa, not my city

4. send4kumar

send4kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to spend in SEM and SEM initially to reach more visitors.

send4kumar, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  5. AA.WebDev.Ltd

Best Answers:

can you please explain a bit ?

6. send4kumar

send4kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO (search engine optimization) and SEM (search engine marketing)

7. AA.WebDev.Ltd

Best Answers:
    that i know, was asking how to do that

8. send4kumar

send4kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can able to do it. Are you willing to pay ?

9. bdcobbs

bdcobbs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You may want to consider setting up a blog with a few articles and reviews on the products you have to sell. By doing this you can network with people who are interested in what you have. I would also suggest using ppc, starting with a small budget. Set the target area for all states and see where the bulk of the visitors reside, then campaign hot and heavy in that area.

bdcobbs, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  10. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    webdev, the main problem is that you need suggestions about visitors and conversions, or do you need investors? or you just absolutely don't know what to do after setting up a website?

anyway, if you've been able to setup a site, you should have a minimum html and webmastering knowledge.

1) how i can make it successful?
    this is a very difficult question, since there are so many factors involved. it's more a business issue in general. so maybe we can talk about it in detail later.

2) How to see the first dot in my sales graph ?
    this is something also I don't understand. You've been able to setup a website, and probably also a stats service. probably the question is about conversions and you have conversions if you have traffic.

a website with no traffic can't sell anything. we can discuss more about this, also with the help of the other forum friends here.

3) ..less interested in physical product selling..
    so you are searching for investors? if you have the website (domain and hosting), the most important investment has been done, you don't need more money at the moment.

4) ..point me to the right direction..
    what is the right direction, it's to have traffic and see how your website works with visitors coming.

You need to study all the stats about this, which pages are more seen, which articles attract visitors, if there are conversions..

I think the next step is just adding more products, creating a catchy design (this will increase conversions rate) and obtaining traffic.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
  11. ReferralCandy

ReferralCandy Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have a dedicated Facebook page for your store? I went over to it and the Facebook icon directs me back to your store! I'd suggest you look into setting up a Facebook page for your brand. Build genuine social engagement and grow a following from there, and Twitter. DO NOT BUY FACEBOOK LIKES. Start from scratch, get your friends and family to Like and Share your page as a base and work from there. Post your new items now and then, run promotions to get more Facebook likes, share interesting articles or stuff related to what you do, and what your followers will be interested in.

On Twitter, you can follow and engage in meaningful conversations with popular Twitter users that would be interested in what you're selling/have got to say. It's a domino effect from there on if you manage to do that successfully. Followers of those users check you out and follow you if you have good content and are in line with their interests.

ReferralCandy, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  12. AA.WebDev.Ltd

Best Answers:

Most valuable suggestion I have ever got till now, I have added facebook page, and will do exactly what you have said, and hope will get the first facebook page like from you :)

AA.WebDev.Ltd, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  13. seonewbie85

seonewbie85 Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! this is very new I idea. Does it really help? How did you do it? Thank you for your help.

seonewbie85, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  14. SilverIs

SilverIs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the thread. I'll be watching to get some idea.

SilverIs, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  15. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with RefferalCandy, build your facebook fan page but do not buy like for it.
    Twitter follower is also a good tools to market your products.

Another tools to reach potential buyers is blackberry messenger, same method with twitter.

Update:
    Another thing, I go to your site, and maybe as a conventional buyer I'd like to see conventional product catalog in your site, not product catalog inside a slider.
    It's easier to see products in some row and column rather than in slider.
    (As a designer and web developer, think it is cool and look fancy but sometime we need put to ourselve on buyers side)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    bluebenz, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  16. smithjames758

smithjames758 Member

Best Answers:
    I think firstly you should think what do you want?
    & plan your project according to your budget, its very important. if you explain properly your post, I think its very helpful for you.

smithjames758, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  17. Web901

Web901 Member

Best Answers:
    You need to start both FB page where you can create your audience of friends and likers and create AdWord Campaign for people who are looking for your product in search engine.

Web901, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  18. Wundabred

Wundabred Peon

Best Answers:
    I see you have the first step in your online business completed, but you need to first understand an online Ecommerce website is like running a physical shop in your local shopping center...just online. What you need to do is:
    1. register your site with all search browsers and ensure your site map is submitted to everyone.
    2. Dont be shy with google, register your site with Analytics, Adwords, Webmaster tools, Google BLOG, Google Product...etc.
    3. Advertise, advertise, advertise...Not just with Google, but also with sites like linkbucks.com/referral/660432
    4. Make sure your site has all the keywords needed to stack in the 1st page of google...one of the most important things
    5. Push a link everywhere you can...such as in your forum, connecting your site to other sites. This is also important as it directly affects your site ranking
    6. Keep an eye on your site ranking with google, go to this site for example and type in your domain name for your ranking: http://www.prchecker.info
    7. Make changes to your site often and make sure your shopping cart provides what you need.
    8. Install a Blog or forum to your site to help get more traffic and links to your site to increase your ranking in search engines

The reality is, you can set up a FREE shopping cart on a FREE host and still get to the top of google. What most people neglect is advertising properly and failing to provide the necessary keywords, meta tags and SEO tags needed to get ranking on the web. If I were you, I would be posting my site on every forum, on craigslist(and similar sites) and advertising my butt off with as little money as possible.

Here is a link to a site I created over the weekend that I will be working on to get it in googles top list: http://www.bestfreewebsitedesign.us, this is what you should be doing. If you notice, I have specific banners on my site....this wasn't done by accident. Everything you do on your site should make you money, If you find yourself spending more than what your site is generating, your doing something wrong. If you see this, go back to the drawing board, go to your local book store and read everything you can about starting an online business and generating traffic plus profit to your site.

Wundabred, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  19. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Have You set up the live support for your ecommerce site. Every Online business especially ecommerce business need live chat support for their websites to instantly communicate with the potential customers. It is a must tool to provide excellent customer support and thus helps to increase your sales . Setting Up Live Chat Support for your Website is Easy with OnetoOnetext – Multi-operator Live Chat Support Tool.

rashida, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  20. jacobnicholas1

jacobnicholas1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try to promote your webstore.
    1. Make it unique: sell unique goods, do unique services, use a uniqie design (not 'expensive' but 'unique')
    2. Build a unique social net community.
    3. Try to find communities where your potential clients are crowded and spam there with photos of your handmade stuff
    4. Make some memes using some of most intreresting goods you have. People may be interested whete such a thing can be bought.
    5. Keep creative style in everything about your brand.
    6. Build a brand.

jacobnicholas1, Aug 6, 2013 IP