1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Need web designer to improve forum skin

Discussion in 'Design' started by Nuno Brito, Feb 28, 2013.

Hello,

I am looking for a capable web designer that can improve considerably the skin of my forum. You only need to have skills with HTML, CSS and good taste for modern designs.

- Visualization defects in some browsers need to be corrected
    - Position of the publicity needs to move to another place
    - Menu bar can also be moved (do some experimenting)
    - Theme must expand to full width of the browser (right now it has a fixed size)
    - Apply minor improvements to make the site better

I'm going to accept proposals on this topic

No personal messages please. If you send a personal message despite my specific request, you will not be selected and I will report your message as spam.

The requested changes are relatively small and an experienced web designer will apply them quickly. If the person that I pick does not qualify for assigned task during our work progress, I will just choose another designer.

Often I get people overstating their high skills and then I just see that even I could do things better myself. Don't apply yourself to this task unless you are sure that you can do great work.

I will be choosing the designer based on his price and demonstrated skills.

Good luck.

Nuno Brito, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  2. anjelina27

anjelina27 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

I have the skills you need to do the above task and will complete that today. Price will be 75$ to finish all the tasks you mentioned above.

Thanks

anjelina27, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  3. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Anjelina, thanks for the proposal but your price is still above my budget. Would it be possible to keep this under 50 USD?

Nuno Brito, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  4. -0-

-0- Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I also if judging blindly about the changes you require would be inclined to say something around the 75 dollar range myself and for the following reasons.

Without knowing the domain in question or being able to view it for myself with different browser/OS configurations and see what and how many erroneous display behaviors are happening, it is really hard to judge what could be the problem and thus how much effort must go into the fixes for browser compatibility.

It would also help to know what forum software you are running, some changes like changing your forum from a fixed width to a fluid width can be done in seconds with xenforo because of the way it is built...other platforms require you to change a lot more to achieve the desired effects.

If you have any other info that you could help clarify your situation to me with and you don't want to make it public info, feel free to start a convo with me and let me know.

Either way, best of luck to you.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    -0-, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  5. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You are right, thank you for pointing this out.

The URL is http://reboot.pro and the forum software underneath is IPB.

This afternoon I had some time and was applying the fixes on my own, most of the work has been done already. However, some problems subsist:
    - When logged on the site, the search bar inside the orange box gets misaligned
    - There is some error in the CSS syntax files, this disables support for minifying the CSS scripts
    - The page is sluggish to load, I'm sure that optimizations could be applied
    - Needs a final polishing by a professional, to give that real "wow" factor

6. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    http://i54.tinypic.com/166k95x.png <-- My first xenForo style when xf just came out
    http://i50.tinypic.com/opbadg.png <-- Recent WP gaming theme
    http://oi48.tinypic.com/2vjvgp4.jpg <-- Another recent WP theme
    http://freewpthemez.com/ <-- A old site / project of mine ive since sold

Look i am not begging for your job certainly when your asking to keep the cost below $50- basically for a custom skin.. I owned the largest vBulletin 4 styles website / business on the net for several years.. Ive been designing forum skins for the past 8 or so years.. now i can work with any platform / code / template system / css etc etc..

I see no reason why i couldn't PM you.. specially when you didn't include the url in the OP.

zinghana, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  7. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If there is new information then everyone who made a proposal gets updated at the same time and has a fair chance to adjust accordingly. In fact, this happened after the post from -0- that pointed out the need for more details on the first topic.

Attention, I am not looking for a custom design of any sort from the services here requested. The present design looks good already, I just want to see it improved.

8. zinghana

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hahahaa yeah ok it looks great ;) dude you site looks like it's from the 90's form gods sake man pay someone to do a proper job on it.. you have a rather large forum surely you can put a few bucks back into it.

zinghana, Mar 1, 2013 IP
  9. Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Being a 90's fan is not so bad, the design is called Metro: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_(design_language). Talking about good or bad designs is not really what is necessary to be done on this topic, is it?

So far I'm better impressed with the participation of -0- but this selection is taking an awful amount of time and I'm doing all the changes on my own.

10. zinghana

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Mate i didn't mean to be rude.. just this day and age clean / modern / sleek styles are in atm.. your current skin just doesn't seem to scream out "Professional Forum"

Anyways as i mentioned i am a very good forum skin designer and am looking to take on any custom work i can get atm.. If you could provide a few example sites / reference sites / a list of any other sites you have seen and have liked then it would make things much easier for potential designers to quote you.. As we don't know what you want your skin to look like it's frustrating for us to even provide a quote.

My forum designs speak for themselves.. if you want a very well coded / cross browser friendly / unique / professional skin designed i am happy to take on your project, but i don't have time to sit here and battle it out with other designers for work in which you have barely even explained what you want done with it. Regarding your $50 or under train of thought.. that simply wont happen.. You get what you pay for at the end of the day and for a job that is going to take at least 6-8 hours just to touch up your current theme i can't see you getting many offers from quality designers... you seem to have a large user base and that usually would indicate that your making some form of revenue / profit.. why not have a custom theme coded and designed using the latest strict HTML / HTML5 standards.

Regards, Darren

zinghana, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  11. lifesstudio

lifesstudio Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    if you want a new theme for xenforo, you can contact me :)

my skype: lifesstudio
    email:

lifesstudio, Aug 5, 2013 IP