1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

800-1000 visitors/day - Forum earnings low?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Majes, Jun 3, 2013.

Hi everybody,

I've been reading all of you for such a long time... that I had to register someday. and the day has come.

I've got a "unique" motorcycling spanish forum, it's going very well even if it's got only a year of life.(if you need the URL please tell me.)

I recieve ~900 visitors per day, 5000 pageviews/day, and 50% returning visitors / 15-20 new users registered everyday / 150 messages per day.

CTR is around 0.1%, CPC is around 0.30$ these are approximate values, not exact as adsense policy says its not tolerated to say exact values.

I've got one ad after the breadcrumb, and another after the first post of each topic.

What can I do to get more CTR/income without punching the user's face with a huge ad block in the middle of the page?

do you think these stats are good, or that i can do it better?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
    Majes, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  2. doros4

doros4 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    tanks

doros4, Jun 6, 2013 IP
  3. adsenseplr

adsenseplr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Traditionally forums have very, very low CTR. If you are get it up to 1% then that's doing well. I ran one rated No.1 in Google, and an exceptional day was 3% but those were rare, 1% or less for a forum us about right. I would not advise anyone to create a forum expecting big adsense revenue.

adsenseplr, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  4. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    you may just try to play with the position of ads for a week or so to see effect of change.

TPvinod, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  5. honey213

honey213 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have not mentioned which forum script are you using.

try getting a different theme for the forum in which adds are more blended in the background so that your ctr ratio increase.

Secondly you need to know that with 50 % returning visitors are normally not very productive with adsense.

you can think of building a email list and marketing them directly.

looking for fixed pay per impression spots from advertisers directly can also help.

p.s you can also launch a blog with the forum where you can earn from money by uploading 400 words articles.

honey213, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  6. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please explain more on this? I don't get you.

TPvinod, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  7. honey213

honey213 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    make a wordpress blog, give a prominent link to that blog from the menu of the forum. in the blog post articles aimed at earning revenues through adsense and other affiliates just like a website just like Home buttton on Digital Point forum where there are articles.

honey213, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  8. fadhi123

fadhi123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    change ads location is only option for you to increase your adsense revenue also if your traffic is increase your earning automatically increase good luck man.

fadhi123, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  9. mukesh4bs

mukesh4bs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to find most clicked categories ads from adsense dashboard and block low earning categories, those all ads might be comes from few of advertisers.

This is for test purpose, if earning not increase unblock them.

mukesh4bs, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  10. Majes

Majes Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the replies guys! Any more ideas?

Majes, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  11. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing special just try more spots, some may look not so good for you but you must think like a visitor not a webmaster. Most visitors don't know you make money from those ads!

Webcenter, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  12. Shakas

Shakas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd try to change ads locations, but like said before forums don't generate really that much CTR.
    I'd suggest creating a blog to support the forum and then the blog would generate $. (for ex. if it's a motorbike site, a blog with bike reviews, you would probably get some users making their on bike reviews, so free posts!)

Shakas, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  13. gambler53

gambler53 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your accomplishment is very impressive. I'm curious what kinds of forums you run. Have you ever done anything computer or tech-related?

gambler53, Jan 29, 2014 IP