1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I sell websites on Digital Point?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dionne Taylor, Aug 3, 2013.

I was just wondering if should sell my website on digital point because the fees on Flippa are crazy. Plus the site I'm trying to sale is a very new site, only 3 days old. Can I sell the site on here for a cheap price?

Dionne Taylor, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  2. GodOfSEO

GodOfSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt anyone would be interested in a 3 day old site..

At the most you'd fetch domain price of around $11 for it..

GodOfSEO, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  3. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    What if I built up the traffic over the next month, 15-30 uniques per day.Would anyone be interested?

4. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look Taylor, no one can tell you will your site end up sold or not.. I doubt that it will happen that you will sell a site that is 3 days old or only have 15-30 uniques a day.. Maybe you can sell it but under the price of $40..

VukasinI, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  5. mian.owais211

mian.owais211 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is still young,you need to grow it first.Not unless you want to sell it at under $40 as your were told by VukasinI.
    Good luck though...

mian.owais211, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  6. Dionne Taylor

Best Answers:
    Then that's good. Here is my plan-may be a little ambitious:
    • Create one niche site per day
    • Create 5-6 pieces of content
    • Get traffic from social media to the site(when a site is this new, google prolly hasnt indexed it yet)
    • Sell it on the digital point forum for $35 -$50.
    The sites take around 4-6 hours to build and provide unique, quality content. There also maybe one site per month that I will work on and try to build a lot of traffic and get the revenue to $30 per month then I will sell it.
    This is a pretty good business plan and making $35-$50 a day doing this a great daily income. I'm 16 so this is great because I don't need a job and can work at the comfort of my own homes.
    Please reply to this thread. I want to hear your thoughts on this plan.

VukasinI likes this.
  7. terrymason

terrymason Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't sound like a good business plan to me. Are you (at 16) going to front $600 worth of domain names (assuming you buy one a month for two months)? I really doubt you'll be able to sell them.

I say go with something more straight forward like postloop.com, or just selling content in the DP content forum.

terrymason, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  8. securesite

securesite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Point is free but the quality websites are not there. We need more quality websites sold on digital point then it will be way better then Flippa because its free.

securesite, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  9. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It is a good plan but I doubt you would sell new sites for that much on this forum. At least not on a consistent basis. Prove me wrong.

dcristo, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  10. Dionne Taylor

Best Answers:
    People do it all the time! For example this guy on the forum has listed 3 sites today that are brand new and they all have bids or people commenting saying that they want to buy the site. Sure, the websites are only being sold for 20-30 bucks. It doesn't matter because the websites ppl are making only take them a hour or two to create. Imagine if you build 6 websites per day and sold them for 30 bucks each. That is $180 in one day. I see potential in this and I'm going to go for it. I might fail but at least I tested it and gave it a shot. Btw terry mason domains are cheap. Idk where you got a figure of $600 from

cronik likes this.
  11. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    i like your attitude, but i do agree that there is a risk that you would not be able to sell some websites that you create. and besides, when you stop what you are doing, you would not be earning any income.

My suggestion to you would be to work on one website for yourself. It can be blogging or a squeeze page to get leads (like in email marketing). Anything. As long as you do one long-term for yourself, That way you would be able to earning more passive type income after 1 to 2 years when your website has sufficient content. This way you are also giving yourself another avenue of income.

PM me if you need help with email marketing, i'll be more than happy to help people like you that have the drive! I'm 20 now and i was exactly in your position when i was 17 too. But now i am making passive income of at least 2000 per month. But that took me 3 years to achieve. So what i am saying is leave a back door for yourself.

Howard Lim, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  12. Dionne Taylor

Best Answers:
    Thanks man I will PM you very soon and ask more questions. Plus I do have a long term site, it's a blog. myonlineincomejourney.com

Dionne Taylor, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  13. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In general you will have better luck in forums to sell new websites but the prices will not be as high as you expect. For a site that new you can get around 10 to 20 USD.

In order to make a better sale the site will need some age, traffic AND most important revenue.

Sensei.Design, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  14. Dionne Taylor

Best Answers:
    Does anyone else see potiential in this besides me? Think about how fast you could crank out those 20 dollar websites. Plus some people don't know how to create a website and would like it done for them. I made 2 websites today with over 14 pages on each website, now I just have to become an established member and I will list my site on the marketplace. I will let you guys know if it sales or not.

Dionne Taylor, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  15. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the site has any real value, then Flippa is the clear choice over DigitalPoint.

It's fees are more than made up for by the fact that you're putting the site for sale in front of eligable buyers with budgets to more closely match your sites valuation. DigitalPoint is an excellent forum, but it's not up to speed in terms of exposure/ability to help sell medium-large websites (mid $xxxx and beyond).

WebDev Solutions, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  16. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    does all the content you created pass copyscape? it needs to be unique and you also should get it ranking

Sensei.Design, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  17. Adam.jack

Adam.jack Active Member

Best Answers:
    What site is this? can i see? Thanks

Adam.jack, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  18. Branko Zecevic

Branko Zecevic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't want to discourage you but I think you are too optimistic with your strategy.
    You can make one site with a minimum 5-6 unique articles in 4-6 hours! Really!
    I don't believe you can!
    You need to buy a domain (~ 7$), have a hosting account (~10$ a month),
    install themes and plugins, write articles and make pages and uploading it to your site;
    optimizing for SEO and keyword research. I suppose you're thinking about tapping into different niches!
    It's a massive work for one man!
    You can do that if you outsource article writing for example (starting from 5$ for an article)!
    Serious costs!

I suggest you to focus on one or maybe 2 sites for the start!
    Upload new, relevant and unique content to your sites (blogs) on a daily basis and promote it!
    Content marketing really works! It's a long term process!
    The most important and smartest thing is building an email list!
    Only when your sites start to get some traffic (at least 300 visits per day),
    you can consider installing Google ads or selling banner space on your site
    and see how this works (in terms of profit).
    After all, you can sell your site at some point of time (if you want it of course)!
    But this time you can take much bigger profit!

Branko Zecevic, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  19. Adam.jack

Adam.jack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Building a successful online business is much harder than you have anticipated, seriously. Without an abundance of funding, you are in it for the long hall.

Good luck.

Adam.jack, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  20. davetrebas

davetrebas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try it for a week or so. It depends on your choice of domain names.

If you do your keyword research and find potentially profitable niches and make that part of your sales package more people would be interested. Then if you do a WordPress site with a nice theme and at least ten original articles, get it indexed etc.

Include some affiliate banner ads from Clickbank. Maybe Amazon.

Drive some traffic and make some/any money. Then you have a valuable asset. Sell the ones that do not make much money and keep the high performers.

You can also use PLR websites to just get a nice looking website up. Then rewrite/spin the articles. You can buy PLR websites for as low as $17.

davetrebas, Aug 6, 2013 IP