1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to the forum, hoping to contribute, learn, and make friends !

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Celly Cell, Aug 3, 2013.

Hello all,

My name is Marcell--nicknamed Celly Cell or just Cell for short, and I'm from NJ. I've been dabbling in web design since 1999 when TechTV (then ZDTV) would do shows on creating web pages, amongst other things.

I started created sites for people on and off over the years using FrontPage (remember that? :eek:) and then Dreamweaver, but then I just stopped doing it altogether because "web 2.0" had web design changing so rapidly, I felt it had completely passed me by .

Well now I'm back, and with a vengeance. Why?

1. It's a goal I need to accomplish for myself. My goal back around 2003-2004 was to have my personal website be the central hub of all of the audio/video/creative writing projects I work on. I've slacked on that goal for about a decade, but no more.

2. I need to set a better example for my daughter. Since my daughter was born last year, I've been inspired to do more with my life. She's growing up so quickly! Instead of procrastinating when things get too challenging, I need to show her that there's no hurdle too big to climb if you put your mind to it. Instead of regrets and excuses, I want to show her progress and success.

3. I want to create a second stream of income. I'm an IT Supervisor by day, and it pays good, but I want to be able to put aside more $$$ for my family. I've given myself a long term goal of five years to master HTML, CSS, Javascript, and PHP so I can become a full-time web developer.

What a mouthful... I'm done now. Thanks for having me, and I hope as I continue to learn, I will be able to contribute to this wonderful site, plus make a few friends in the process. Peace and blessings!

Celly Cell, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  2. mian.owais211

mian.owais211 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to DP where you will find great ideas from great people.
    Good luck!

mian.owais211, Aug 3, 2013 IP