1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Perfecting my blog network

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Lurchy, Jul 29, 2013.

Howdy guys, I have 2 blog networks that I have been building out. 1 with domains I bought at auction that range from pr3 to p5 for real estate and another that I have built by finding old expired domains that have high pr links still going to them, so that they are will be atleast a pr3-4 when their pr is renewed. I have started building links with niche relevant content and to the sites and have plugins like link juice keeper installed. Is there any other way to help super charge these links?

Lurchy, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  2. Numberwang

Numberwang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use the digilink doctor plugin, which I assume is similar to link juice keeper. D DR. gives me a report of the page that a broken link used to go to and if I really want to keep that link I'll try to build a page on my new domain that mimics where the link used to go - either by using the way back machine or making an educated guess based on the URL and the context of the site linking to it. This way, if the webmaster of the site who linked to the domain originally is ever checking their links they'll see that that one is going to pretty much where they expected, even if you've taken over the domain.

Not really supercharging, but preserving those valuable old links is key to keeping that PR.

Numberwang, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  3. vwtom

vwtom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Lurchy - what methods have you used to find the old expired domains...I also do well with content, but not so much striking PRx gold.

vwtom, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  4. Lurchy

Lurchy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using the no hat method of using scrape box to find domains with a pr of atleast 5 and then running xenu sleuth on that list.
    Put the list in excel and sort for all the domains with no host and then put them into name cheap's bulk domain name checker to see if any are available to pick up. Because all the domains have at least 1 pr 5 backlink they will be a minimum of a pr3.
    You can then just use Majestic and opensite explorer to see what domain have the stats your looking for. Sucha as a citation flow and trust flow over 10, I usually try and find ones that are 20+ and a Page authority of 20+. Once you have them all set up with wordpress and your blog you can use Magic submitter or Senuke to run some link campaigns pertaining to what your targeting to super charge the link juice passed. It seems to be working really good for me right now.

Lurchy, Jul 30, 2013 IP
    WebBuddy likes this.
  5. vwtom

vwtom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you.

vwtom, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  6. CarlinB

CarlinB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice system, I use PR powershot for find high PR domains.. One quick tip that I have found is as soon as you install your new domain install the plug in 404 to start (if using wordpress)so you can redirect any old links to the homepage. This way you keep the old links intact and keep them from being deleted.

CarlinB, Aug 1, 2013 IP
    Nick Gomez likes this.
  7. Lurchy

Lurchy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using link juice keeper which does the same thing, but I'll check that one out as well. thanks for the heads up on it

Lurchy, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  8. vwtom

vwtom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    CarlinB - have you ever tried "Redirection"? It is also a powerful 404 plugin.

vwtom, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  9. Tonie Konig

Tonie Konig Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is there any special settings you need to do in link juice keeper?

Tonie Konig, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  10. Lurchy

Lurchy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no, you just install it and it does it automaticly

Lurchy, Aug 2, 2013 IP
    zetttaxco likes this.
  11. Tonie Konig

Tonie Konig Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cool, tx, have a good weekend

Tonie Konig, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  12. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Finding some expired domain names with pr and creating sites for the purpose of link building is really a good idea, this way you would have your own blog network.

SERPpoint, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  13. Nick Gomez

Nick Gomez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The redirect script is a good way to benefit from inbound traffic to your domain. Also look at the pages that were installed on the domain by using the wayback machine (archive.org) as well as AHREFs.com Pages that have over 20-30 backlinks should be rebuilt to maintain the link juice. I was an intern for Hayden's Nohat group (Session 2&3) for the last year, and this is what we did. Make sure each blog is on a separate ip address (at least C-Class) and consider using a re-direct plugin that won't allow Google or other user agents (bots) to spider your network and detect it. PM me if you need more info on how to do this.

Nick Gomez, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  14. houcemtrigun

houcemtrigun Member

Best Answers:
    You have to be extra cautious after the latest google algo changes. Looks like it is now devaluing links from the same host after a certain amount of links. The exact details are still unclear but I am seeing the pattern for sure. So, to be on the safe side, try to use as many hosting accounts as possible.

You will find many really cheap hosting packages (like $1-$12 per year). Also, be on the lookout for coupon codes on "specific communities" and use Google to find super-saving coupons regularly.

Also, install spiderspanker or a similar plugin/script to prevent unwanted spies to uncover how you are ranking (keep spiders away (moz, ahrefs, majesticseo, cognitiveseo)). Hide your tracks as good as possible.

Make your network stronger buy building backlincks steadily!

I am in a hurry as it's quite late he buy I hope this helps. Feel free to ask specific questions if you'd like to.

houcemtrigun, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  15. Lurchy

Lurchy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies guys, I actually just got through earlier today with switching all of my sites to new hosting accounts. I'm hosting 2 sites to a host at the most, and each site is for a separate niche so no partnering sites link to the same site. I think you must be following Becker as well because I plan on picking up Spyder spanker later this month for that exact reason. What kind of backlinks are you building, general niche or keyword specific ones?

Lurchy, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    digiface likes this.
  16. houcemtrigun

houcemtrigun Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Lurchy. I follow Becker and I have my own results from my sites and client sites. I am building niche specific sites and I host different niche sites on the same ip because there is no chance I will use them to link to the same website.

houcemtrigun, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  17. rosegun

rosegun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Web 2.0 blog networks too can used to diversify and boost rankings. if they used efficiently, then no need to worry about hosting charge etc.

rosegun, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  18. Nick Gomez

Nick Gomez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I do the same thing - so you can use the same ip for multiple niches, because you are not interlinking

Nick Gomez, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  19. Numberwang

Numberwang Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are you guys using your PBN's to rank client sites or to rent out high PR niche specific links (ala Becker's thundercat guide)? If the later, how is the demand right now for links? Are you able to find enough people to buy links on a monthly basis to make a profit?

Numberwang, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  20. Lurchy

Lurchy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use mine for both, Just depends on you niche and how much you market it. I've been wanting to get on here but I don't have enough likes yet. Also alot of the domains i started picking up are high PA and DA domains that are usually PR na or 0 and most people are still stuck on PR

Lurchy, Sep 18, 2013 IP