1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does google think this is cloaking.

Discussion in 'Google' started by princet, Dec 5, 2006.

princet, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  2. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    I looked at Steve's demo site, and if I did get the correct url, it produces 3 302 redirects... Google does not seem to like multiple redirects, and 302 server codes on redirect have caused problems with Google in the past. (http://clsc.net/research/google-302-page-hijack.htm)

But I would like to look at the real thing... and real serps. Could you post or PM me some details?

NetMidWest, Dec 5, 2006 IP
    LadyHoldem and princet like this.
  3. princet

princet Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input NetMidWest!
    Sent you a PM.

I might include that the site in question is brand new and is barely starting to get indexed.
    I find it odd that google choose to index the affilate jump script url's when there is so much other content that is much more available.

princet, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  4. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks to me like Google is handling it the way it should, it may be following your links, but is not caching the resulting pages. Some of the sites that your links land on are redirecting, since they are affiliate links (tracking your clickthroughs) but it is more of a problem for their own site, rather than yours. Two of the redirects for Steve's demo were not from his site, but the landing site.

But since you are just getting started, you should check back regularly and see if anything changes.

NetMidWest, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  5. princet

princet Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for good and valuable info.
    It really helped me a lot.

princet, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  6. axiale05

axiale05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats nice

axiale05, Dec 6, 2006 IP