1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm new to internet marketing, some tips would be great :)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Youniverse, Jul 22, 2013.

1. NEObate

NEObate Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Start small and scale up. Read a lot of information but make sure you take action and then you're sorted.

Welcome to the IM world.

NEObate, Jul 29, 2013 IP
    bumba1988 likes this.
  2. john irwing

john irwing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am also with others, who are suggesting List building. Its very Important for you, and its more lucrative than anything. You should definetly go for it, and forget about other different stuff like seo n all that malarchy.

john irwing, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  3. JohnZ7

JohnZ7 Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing - look for a profitable niche. Can't make money if there is no demand. Go where people are already buying.

fiverr is a neat website where you can provide small services to people for 5 dollars. Look what people are doing on fiverr to get some ideas.

JohnZ7, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  4. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:

The best thing to do is to join a good membership site where you can get
    the training you need to succeed in this business.

Without the right training and knowledge is going to be tough for you to find your
    way in the dark.

There are good mastermind programs out there that teach you how to get started
    in this business.

Gianni Palazzo, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  5. Kevin619

Kevin619 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i am suggest the only on thing if you get some good result on internet marketing so you build good relationship with people and always connect with social networks and keep thing update ....

Kevin619, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  6. Sabrina_Gage

Sabrina_Gage Member

Best Answers:
    You can start from SEO, social media, email marketing. You can get some tutorials from MOZ's blog, Hubspot, etc. Hope helpful for you.

Sabrina_Gage, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  7. mian.owais211

mian.owais211 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Start with list building and be willing to learn and invest some $$$ and a little efforts in it.Additionally you can also consider hiring a IM coach to take through the process.
    This way you can sure to achieve your goals:cool:
    Good luck!

mian.owais211, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  8. moocifer

moocifer Member

Best Answers:
    Hi mate, you say you have youtube views for sale correct? Well if these are from your youtube channel i would not sell them rather monetize them using CPA, if on the other hand you are a reseller i would create a site showing the different packages and promote that site using various free methods i.e forums,articles,document sharing sites,yahoo answers even youtube it self. BUT like a lot of members have already stated building a list is the real way to go for long term profits. best of luck my freind

moocifer, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  9. Jenne

Jenne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Auto Recruiting Platform
    Why Auto Recruiting Platform Works
    If you were asked if you could make a better hamburger than any of the fast food chains in business today, your answer would most likely be yes.
    And if this is the case, then why aren't you already rich?
    Well, for most the answer always comes down to inefficient marketing and sales systems. In a very competitive market, having good products and quality services are just not enough. Without the proper marketing mechanisms and sales funnels in place, starting and running a business can be very expensive.
    This is where we come in. We take your product or service and turn your company into a marketing powerhouse without the hassle of having to figure out and implement the marketing practices that really work.
    Saas Marketing Software

Our Marketing Platform takes your current traffic to your online offers and increases your ROI by taking potential clients through a more rigorous and proven direct sales process completely hands off.

Our revolutionary Sales Funnel technology gives you an unlimited unsurpassed ability to generate high quality leads for each product or service you sell. We offer template based/cookie cutter Sales Funnels built on color schemes and provided graphics, as well as complete custom designed Sales Funnels per your request. (Each sales funnel requires a min of 3 videos provided by you)

SMS Subscribers - List Builder:
    Our 2 way web based texting hub allows you to communicate in real time with leads and clients and receive replies back. This gives you the ability to communicate with clients, build report and develop long lasting relationships with your clients.

CMS Automate - Contact Management System:

This system gives you a visual list of all your leads and clients on one screen, one glance tells you exactly where each lead is in the sales process. Watch your system move prospects through the sales process right in front of your eyes completely automated.

Jenne, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  10. bettaone

bettaone Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Pick a niche - this can be something that you are passionate about but type in the main keywords of this niche to see how popular it is. You may have to pick a sub niche in that category. So for example if you picked The Dog Niche - your sub niche might be "training your Labrador puppy."
    2. Register your chosen domain name and make sure it has relevant keywords in the name. These keywords are what people will be typing into their browser to find out information.
    3. Get hosting for your domain.
    4. Get an autoresponder. My preference for this is Global NPN.
    Then you just set up your site and the easiest way is to use Wordpress.Offer a free gift on your site to start building your list. Whatever niche you are in you need a list.

bettaone, Aug 1, 2013 IP
  11. DEBooks

DEBooks Guest

Best Answers:
    When you work at home, time really is of the essence.

You must make good use of the time that you spend working. If you are not efficient in accomplishing the tasks that must be done, you will either spend too much time working or you will fail miserably at your work at home job or business.

You must set up a work schedule for yourself when you work at home and then you must enforce that work schedule for yourself and insist that you family and friends also adhere to your work schedule.

http://www.discount-ebook-s.com/internet_marketing_reports.html

DEBooks, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  12. DEBooks

DEBooks Guest

Best Answers:
    When you work at home, time really is of the essence.

You must make good use of the time that you spend working. If you are not efficient in accomplishing the tasks that must be done, you will either spend too much time working or you will fail miserably at your work at home job or business.

You must set up a work schedule for yourself when you work at home and then you must enforce that work schedule for yourself and insist that you family and friends also adhere to your work schedule.

http://www.discount-ebook-s.com/internet_marketing_reports.html

DEBooks, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  13. Romain Kieran

Romain Kieran Peon

Best Answers:
    Id advise you to buy a book called "building an online cash cow" by Antony Barlow, it was published in 2012 so is up to date in comparison with most books out there. It contains really good step by step guides and will help you (if you put into practice what you learned) build a strong foundation. Hope this helps

Romain Kieran, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  14. BRITTANEY86

BRITTANEY86 Banned

Best Answers:
    Also to add on all these advices,you could also consider looking for a mentor/coach to guide you through.
    It worked for me!

BRITTANEY86, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  15. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeh, i second this suggestion. That worked for me too. That way whenever you need help, you know who to turn to, you know who you can trust. Instead of just buying everything online that people tell you works, because it's usefulness defers from person to person.

Information is only truly useful when you can put it into action!

Howard Lim, Aug 10, 2013 IP
  16. treka3358

treka3358 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So much advice for a newbie. I've tried a number of methods - adsense sites, amazon sites, cpa, ppc, facebook fan pages, SEO..... but what changed for me was when I realised I needed to do something I actually was interested in and had a passion for. For me its not the small sniper sites or online stuff its offline. Its helping local businesses get more business by promoting themselves online. For me thats a real winner - I get to help business owners and make money.

So I guess what I'm saying is it doesn't matter what method you choose. Do something that interests you!

treka3358, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  17. TysonKSix

TysonKSix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Work hard and get that initial email list full of trustworthy and hard working people! Be persistent and find a vertical that you can do well in, then go for it!

TysonKSix, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  18. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The most important thing I'm doing right now is building my list, and trying to get better at writing, therfore I started a blog called MarketingGuard(link in signature) where i share tutorials and tips to other Beginner IM's.
    I suggest you create yourself a product or offer in a Niche you know(mine was web hosting), and promote it on forums, and eventually your list will build.

Regarding your question of how to get customers by selling Youtube views, if you are using SEOClerks I just published a guide on how to make a better sales pitch for your gigs, although it is aimed at selling traffic you should be able to apply it to your case as well.
    http://marketingguard.com/tips-and-tutorials/how-to-sell-traffic-gigs-on-seoclerks/

Helge Sverre, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  19. bluewaveseo

bluewaveseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    be patient, don't give up, every failure is one step closer to success, learn, learn, learn!

bluewaveseo, Aug 17, 2013 IP
  20. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    You've come to the right place, Youniverse -- and cool nickname by the way! The people on Digital Point seem to be very friendly and helpful so far. We are all in this together as far as teaching each other new "tricks of the online trade."

BoostSoftware, Aug 19, 2013 IP