1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Keyword Research Guide!

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Josh Chang, Jul 3, 2013.

I wanted to contribute some thing that I'm pretty good at! Keyword research. As you know it is one of the most important thing to do. If you can find a good keyword with weak competition it can make life WAAAAYYYYY easier compared to something that's super competitive.

So with that said let's get this on the way. There are only 2 tools that I use when doing keyword research:
    1. Google Keyword Tools
    2. The SEOQuake plugin for either Chrome or Firefox

Step 1: Figure out what niche you want your site to be about.
    So what I do first here is that I want to think of a niche. Brainstorm it, but if you can't think of anything here's a list of things:

• Sports
    • Video Games
    • Health Related
    • Relationships
    • Pets
    • ETC
    Step 2: Look for a easy keywords to rank.
    Now what I would do first is go to Google Keywords and you don't need to know what your exact keyword is, just a general broad niche.

So let's pick something like: how to lose weight

Select Keyword Ideas
    Re-organize by Competition

Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

Now, what I like to do is look for easy keywords. Generally, what I like to look for is:

• 3000+ Searches
    • $1 CPA
    • Local Trend Terms are generally high (important, because you want long term sites not ones that'll die out)
    So here's something good I found: how to lose weight during pregnancy

[​IMG]

So now that I found a good keyword, it's time to go to Google and check the PR of your competitors. Generally speaking, what you're looking for are competitors that:

• Less than PR 2-3
    • Sites don't have the keyword in the URL, Title, and Description
    Generally speaking if you see something like Yahoo Answer in the top 10 and its PR is N/A then it'll be pretty good indicator that it's a good keyword.
    So let's check out that keyword...
    [​IMG]
    Pretty good!
    And that's about it for keyword research! The keyword is still available so maybe somebody might be interested in taking it ;)
    And that's it! Good luck to all!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    Josh Chang, Jul 3, 2013 IP
  2. send4kumar

send4kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Really awesome inform. Based on your research I check google adword. I do not see $1 CPA.

send4kumar, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  3. spujap

spujap Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no guarantee that keywords having 3000 searches per month and $1 CPA will be having less competition for SERPs in search engines. I mean what Adwords keyword tool suggests is competition in Adwords not Google Search but it is still effective to know what exactly people are searching and volume.

Few more additional parameters combined with it helps identifying the competition for SERPs.

spujap, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  4. send4kumar

send4kumar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Thanks, I think Google adwords no more. Could you please teach me step by step procedure to choose
    Keyword. for any kind of website

send4kumar, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  5. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google Adwords keyword tool is still there, it is converted into keyword planner, which has more functions than previous tool. Of course, you need to give time to understand the new tool.

SERPpoint, Aug 1, 2013 IP