1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how long it takes website to come up in top position?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Preethin Veigas, Jul 30, 2013.

Hi,

Can someone suggest me how long it takes website to come up in top position? What are the quickest method to do it?

Thanks in advance

Preethin Veigas, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  2. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That question can't possibly be answered. If you're trying to rank for the keywords "Buy Old Dogs and Teach Them New Tricks" that would be faster to rank than "Apply for a Credit Card" as the difference in competition is huge.

If you send us the keywords that you're trying to rank for, we may be able to give you a very vague idea but even then it's not going to be accurate.

scottlpool2003, Jul 31, 2013 IP
    SliceOfLife likes this.
  3. radium

radium Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are not gonna spend money on it, Then try to spend more time. do some seo and try to get good backlinks, if you try your best, you will see the result in a few months.

radium, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  4. ashwini.gangamwar

ashwini.gangamwar Member

Best Answers:
    It depend on many fators i.e structure data, on page, content, social appearance.
    If these things are working then need some patience.

ashwini.gangamwar, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  5. Manish Jangid

Manish Jangid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's depend of keyword density or you can say that it's depend on how much competition that keyword has at search engine. If you are trying Web development, this keyword has a huge competition, it's take time top in search engine.

Manish Jangid, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  6. ksbharath86

ksbharath86 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are no quick options to come up in the top position in search engines. You have to target on low competition KW. For an example it might takes months to rank for the KW "Audi Car", but you can easily rank for "Outie Car" say in just 24 hours.

Here Outie is nothing but Audi, where as Outie is a low competition KW where as Audi is a high competition KW.

I hope you understand?

ksbharath86, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  7. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    If it's a relatively competitive term, it's usually a matter of 3 to 6 months.
    But this is a hugely generalized estimation, can't tell without looking at your competition.
    Also, often it's a question of the budget dollar you can allocate for SEO.

Kianu42, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  8. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Couple times I read similar question, and my answer is :

We can make a brand new site show up or listed in first page of google in 2-3 days..
    And it will still stay on the first page for years until google change the algoritma again..

bluebenz, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  9. BigSEOpro

BigSEOpro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally depends on resources available to you. Also depends on which niche you're working on.
    Ranking is not hard mate but to maintain it for long-term is a real pain.

BigSEOpro, Jul 31, 2013 IP
  10. Preethin Veigas

Preethin Veigas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for the response..Really helped a lot..

Preethin Veigas, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  11. The Leo

The Leo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen that website without any or little content is getting in the top position for a a long time. Even they are maintaining the PR for quite long. So- it all depends on the competition you will face in what niche you are.

A way to go in the top for some particular keyword can be:-
    -Try to identify the best keyword you have for that niche.
    -And check their competition level in Google.
    -Then with a little brain try to input those keyword in long tail keywords. You can easily find them by just typing the keyword in the Google search box. You can see Google is suggesting you the long tail keywords.
    - Using those keyword make your site/blog content rich with all original articles.

After all these you have done, you have to find what are the back-links the top position have from around the web. You have to outnumber him either in quality or quantity. though quantity is not always going to help you.

..... So this is a long way... and the more time you will give for it- it will see more legit.

The Leo, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  12. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's depends upon the keywords that on which keywords are you working low competition keywords come on first page very quickly as compare to medium and high competition keywords.

iamalive, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  13. jayarsmith

jayarsmith Member

Best Answers:
    For me, it would take time, effort and knowledge in order for you to reach the top.. Google has always change its algorithms that sometimes we are confused..The best option today is to provide good and quality content on your niche. As I have known, content is king..Along with content comes SEO in which you can build quality backlinks relevant to your niche. Do not be deceived in building bulk links and get trashed in the end..Its better to take time building quality links over quantity.. It will take you a month to be ranked but its worth it if you build it in quality..

jayarsmith, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  14. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ranking a keyword takes time, you have to work continuously to give your keyword desired ranking, if you are in high competition then it takes time I would say.

alex06295, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  15. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Focus on targeted traffic not ranking for specific keywords.

dcristo, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  16. flanagan

flanagan Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    its totally depend on your work and work method

flanagan, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  17. Alrik Vincent

Alrik Vincent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Minimum Time - Few minutes. Maximum Time - Never

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    Alrik Vincent, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  18. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If by "top position" you mean the #1 position, remember that there are probably thousands of web masters out there aiming for that same, single, lonely #1 spot. For any keywords/keyphrases that are reasonably competitive, your chances of getting #1 are extremely slim indeed. As was said above, it's easy to reach #1 for noncompetitive or low-competition keyphrases. For example, you will never reach #1 for "real estate". But you can quickly reach #1 for the (useless) keyphrase "real estate in the swamps of the lower Okechobee".

Jim4767, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  19. turnkeyamazon

turnkeyamazon Peon

Best Answers:
    wow loads of answers, i hope i can help. first off i believe its possible to get up on the big G within minutes you just need a great strategy. most would have you believe that you need an authority site or established this is not the case. if you can target a tight niche in an industry with a long tale keyword i usually focus on search volumes of 500-1000 a month you can find this inside the google keyword tool and then the trick is to get big G to find you (get indexed) i love wordpress (self hosted) for this or any other authority site and consider everything the big G and its searchers what want.

for example: an article on the white house should have everything about the white house like the presidents name when it was build what size the master bedroom is ;D any other thing they are looking for. it should get you what you need.

turnkeyamazon, Aug 6, 2013 IP