1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to approach companies with offers? (Company website)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lurifaxur, Jul 29, 2013.

I've been doing webdesing for a few years, and now I got my hands on a list of about 20.000 companies in my country. I would assume some of them is in need of a new or a better website, but how do I approach them with what I have to sell them? Sending them an email will just end up in the spam folder, or it will simply be deleted. So I'm thinking cold calling, but what do you think? Some companies hate when we call and waste their time, so I don't know. Maybe someone here's got input I haven't thought of myself. What about sending them something in the mail? Other suggestions?

I should add that I have a lot of experience with Facebook, setting up pages, getting likes for cheap etc. I guess that can be part of the offer.

lurifaxur, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    not just some companies, all companies hate marketing cold calls. and you are right about emails being sent to the spam folder. however, you can't make a decision based on how companies like or hate cold calls and how emails get sent to spam folder. you are not trying to get all 20k companies as your clients. only 1% success rate would get you 200 clients which is a lot. so try all methods and knock yourself out. whats the worst thing can happen other then listening to lot of NOs?

how much money would you make if you hear 1 YES after 99 NOs?

when cold calling, talking to the right person is the key. most of the time you will be talking to receptionists so always ask for the right person to talk to. the person manage their site or in charge of online marketing.

once you find that right person, you have less than one minute to sell yourself. come up with a value statement as to how you can help them.

always focus on what they want to hear, not what you want to sell.

sultanofseo, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  3. serellived

serellived Member

Best Answers:
    In addition to the suggestion posted above, I would also suggest to share your portfolio and let them see your designs through your previous clients sites so that that they will know you're really an expert of designing websites. I'm sure you know for a fact that people nowadays want proofs. Give them proofs and a very good reason why they should use you.

serellived, Aug 2, 2013 IP