1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What should be done about fake bidders ?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by simplyjo, Jul 28, 2013.

In the last one week, 2 of my DP site auctions were sold but the buyers never bothered to revert or pay. Just an infraction doesn't seem to be doing anything to keep these fake bidders at bay. Can we / as a team at DP (admin/members) come up with some options which can help keep DP a safe marketplace for buyers and sellers ?

My suggestions would be -
    1. For Sellers - The auction (if not paid within 7 days), should be relisted - (this should not be once a month, as soon as its reported and fake bidder is given the infraction). For sellers like me, if this happens 5 times a month, it will take 5 months to just relist these sites. Even if we upgrade to premium, its just 3 bumps. Also since seller is not at fault, these should not go from their (1 or 3) allowed relistings/bumps - just to be fair, isn't it ?
    2. For buyers - Fake bidders increase price of auctions by bidding repeatedly and still end up not paying. For serious buyers, this is a major hassle. Maybe all members with 0 feedbacks should get limited bids ?

Anyone can share their suggestions and hope admin can incorporate some to make DP the best marketplace :)

Jo

simplyjo, Jul 28, 2013 IP
    yakusokutebayo likes this.
  2. pbc561

pbc561 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They should have their "Likes" removed so that they need to contribute helpful posts again to be able to access the marketplace. This should teach them a lesson and make them more appreciative of the marketplace and its privileges.

pbc561, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    And what if they have no likes?

Smyrl, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  4. deathbat6661

deathbat6661 Active Member

Best Answers:
    maybe I'm the new guy on this forum, I never do a post on this forum since a few days ago

so, I'm probably one of the fake buyer
    a few hours ago I want to try buying and selling domain system on this forum, so I had to try as buyers tried to hit on one listing the "buy now"
    but what happened? there is no confirmation message?
    I think my internet connection is being disconnected, so I tried to reconnect and press the "buy now" listings in the new tab (different from the first listing)
    I look redirect to paypal payment website? What is this? there is no confirmation message?
    how if I press the wrong button?

some time ago one of the sellers to send a message to me, so I explained that I was pressing the wrong button, I actually want to sell one of my domains on this site and I want to try first domain purchase system on this site

so something that I need is the help page, the page around marketplace
    on the top bar, it was only a trading rule
    and perhaps a confirmation message when pressing "buy now"?
    This is an important matter, why there is no confirmation message?

it's like when you make a notepad document on windows, but you accidentally press the power button the laptop, which means your laptop going shut down.
    what if you have not saved the document?
    it will just disappear? certainly not on the design of the windows.

deathbat6661, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is a confirmation dialog.

digitalpoint, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  6. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just report to the moderator with your proof, I'm sure they are will give better action. If you are still not happy to the mods. Let karma done it for you:)

karmaseo, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  7. simplyjo

simplyjo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I understand once in a while if someone hits the "buy now" by mistake but these people I reported last week, were bidding on my thread not once but multiple times - which showed they really WANTED to get a hold of these sites.. but when they won, no communication from them/ or payments. How weird is that ? Maybe they just like to win bidding wars for the heck of it ? How strange are they ?

simplyjo, Jul 29, 2013 IP
    yakusokutebayo likes this.
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There are people who are so hopelessly bored that they while away the hours playing solitaire online. It could very well be a case of people bidding solely as a form of entertainment. You might want to compile a list of these misfits and when they bid, and how often they renege on their bids. Then in time submit your list to staff, and perhaps these people can be got rid of for the overall good of the site.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 29, 2013 IP
    simplyjo likes this.
  9. simplyjo

Best Answers:

Maybe the mods can "ban" such people after 3 fake bid infractions or something like that ? and also mention this clearly in marketplace rules, so that anyone who would value their accounts would follow this.

simplyjo, Jul 29, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  10. mian.owais211

mian.owais211 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you.
    This will ensure that we do not have fake buyers and fake sellers.It will also make DP a safe place to buy and sell.
    Great ideas there!
    Cheers!
    :)

mian.owais211, Jul 29, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  11. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Fake bidder and fake seller should be banned for atleast 3 months

FreeFun4Every1, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  12. crazy4warez

crazy4warez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One thing that can be done is that once a bid is proved to be fake, the bidder will lose his/her rights to bid on any auction for X days, for a month maybe. This would certainly help in reducing the number of fake bids IMHO. What do you say?

crazy4warez, Jul 30, 2013 IP
    yakusokutebayo and Spoiltdiva like this.
  13. simplyjo

Best Answers:

Sounds fair to me. Rest is up to the mods almighty :)

simplyjo, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  14. Enursa

Enursa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am agree...seller can give information to admin. Fake buyer username, thread link, and usually the transcript chat (like pm, or anything else) to prove that they are a fake buyer.

Enursa, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  15. Techking

Techking Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I went through same type of situation and had to place higher bid than normal.

Techking, Nov 12, 2013 IP