1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Certification in Social Media Marketing/Advertising?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by piyushchopra, Jul 25, 2013.

piyushchopra, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  2. NameNetwork

NameNetwork Active Member

Best Answers:
    I imagine most people here, like myself, are from the old school of just doing it, work it out, follow the money ...

I understand the need for accreditation and the growing demand for it from employers, but given the speed of change in the industry I can only imagine it would touch on the basics and at worst teach outdated techniques.

NameNetwork, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  3. piyushchopra

piyushchopra Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right. I completely agree with you my friend. My people like me who are amateurs but want to have some exposure, would sure look forward to. I guess there has to be some reknown instiitution who deals in such course!!

piyushchopra, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  4. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to learn this game is to follow those who have been around longer than us.

There are good membership sites that offer good quality training to those who are
    interested in getting started in the online business world.

All you need is the desire to succeed and the patience that is needed to
    make a monthly residual income.

With the right training is possible to achieve good results out of it.

Gianni Palazzo, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  5. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm i really doubt there will be one. After all, this niche/industry was step up by people who went on to explore the capabilities of the internet and invented search engines / social sites / forums / platforms that allowed people to use the internet more easily. It is sort of like a trial and error sort of thing at the start.

After that, people started to learn from these pioneers and viola, we have what we call the internet now. So i believe that certification is not important, but rather showing what you can do in the field of your interest when it comes to "internet studies". After all, everything is constantly changing and improving, only when we can understand the rules of the internet and the reasons of success can we truly move with the times.

Results are usually the most evident form of certification if you really want some sort of proof that you are good.

Howard Lim, Jul 27, 2013 IP
    piyushchopra likes this.