1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New forum needs participation

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by ForumCitizens, Jul 21, 2013.

Hello Everyone,

I have just finished re-creating the ForumCitizens website model to a general forum board platform from the old wordpress platform. The site is all set and ready for participation and management :)

The blog platform / domain is about 3 years and I had to convert it to forum board platform yesterday because of some hosting/script issues. The site currently generates about 17,000 unique views per month, and I think changing it to a forum board platform site will improve its traffic, participation and considerably reduce bounce rates.

I am looking forward to you registering and participating in the growth of the forum. Thank you.

http://forumcitizens.com

ForumCitizens, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    are you paying per signup, or for posts, or wanting this done for free?

if you had an existing forum, why not pull the content in from the old database? There are forum experts that you can hire to migrate the users, posts, and threads over. Simply deleting user content without second thoughts really is a bad decision.
    If you already had issues with using a free to use forum script, why repeat the mistake? Try using a commercial script, such as vbulletin, or the software that digitalpoint uses?

matt_62, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  3. ForumCitizens

ForumCitizens Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply.

I was using Wordpress for the Forum Citizens domain before. It was a news blog type of site and most users dont make comments so often. There were about 1000+ comments on the site, and i made 8,000 news stories on the old site. Currently Forum Citizens have more than 2000+ facebook Likes and more than 800+ twitter followers.

I update old site regularly with some other site admins. There were not much comments on stories in the old site, and another limitation was that users cannot create their topics or publish stories on the wordpress site, except it is sent by e-mail to admin who thereafter posts it on the site. This process is quite cumbersome and discourages participation by site visitors.

I am looking at the possibility of transferring the database of the old wordpress site into this new board. I doubt its possiblity without breaking something though.

Free forum platforms are the best option at the initial stage of growth of a board, and when it becomes large, it will be justifiable to move to a paid forum board.

Very soon, I will definitely be paying users both in cash and gifts by number of quality posts, but for now.. it will be free participation.

ForumCitizens, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What are you offering to users on your site that they can't already get elsewhere?

digitalpoint, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  5. ForumCitizens

ForumCitizens Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your post, Shawn :)

Yeah, I am working towards that, and started off earlier today by offering to give away cryptocurrency for a start and this will be on a regular basis. I know some people are really into bitcoins, litecoins, feathercoins etc.. and will like to make some coins.

So, if anyone is really into cryptos, they can join Forum Citizens, win some coins and save in their wallets :)

There are definitely many more things http://forumcitizens.com will add to the current offer soonest.

ForumCitizens, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  6. Vernard

Vernard Member

Best Answers:
    What forum platform are you using? FluxBB?

Vernard, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  7. ForumCitizens

ForumCitizens Member

Best Answers:
    It is SMF

ForumCitizens, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  8. ForumCitizens

ForumCitizens Member

Best Answers:
    Okay everyone, I want to pay for some board duties. The required person(s) must be very interested in forums / communities, not just do it because he / she will be paid. They must also be ready to manage forum sections that interests them as moderators.

There are earning rules though.

If interested, contact me on skype - forumcitizens.

Thanks.

ForumCitizens, Jul 25, 2013 IP