1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO and what I learned so far.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Knacky, Jul 25, 2013.

It's all about practice. Testing and seeing the results. For the last couple of months I learned so many things about SEO. The funny thing is , I read so many information about them, but until you try it, you cannot expect to learn or see any kind of results
    I have a new website and what I noticed so far is this:

1) Domain age matters for relatively new websites. Domain age matters and it is needed some time before google gives full credit for quality backlinks. The back links get indexed fast, yes, but there is time to pass before the juice starts benefiting your website.I guess google wants to see these links stick for a while on the website that is providing them.

2) Spammy backlinks - SEO words enemy. Do white hat seo, and you will get better results, just be patient. In the beginning I was more into the black hat world, and it cost me more than I realized. That's why I learned to invest my time and money wisely. Fast results always lead to fast disappointments in my experience.

3) On Page SEO is very powerful and I regret not learning it in the beginning. Just changing some words, and not doing key word stuffing can boost your rankings so much for your keywords. Basically when I changed some of the content on my website I went from 30th positions to 9th.

4) Facebook boosted my traffic and I recommend that everyone should have a FB page. It almost works like a newsletter.

5) Be patient with SEO - just don't give up fast and do it constantly. It is like every business, and the truth is people are used to work for someone esle. They expect their money every month regarding the work they do. In the business world, things take time and the fast you realize it , the better.

6) THERE IS SO MUCH TO LEARN , but gathering SEO knowledge is interesting to me and I enjoy it. May be that is the secret and that's why I am passionate about it.

7) My team matters and working with someone else is better, than working alone when that person is dedicated like you are in the SEO business.

So far that's it :)

Knacky, Jul 25, 2013 IP
    daproofer and SERPpoint like this.
  2. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely good things to keep in mind. As long as people place their targeted keyphrase in the title, header, domain URL (if possible), and once early on in the body, that's about all you can do. Make sure to have a fast-loading site with clean URL structure. And do your best to acquire links through content production, not self-made sources.

Kaabi, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  3. John Rey Panal

John Rey Panal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's the biggest challenge for internet marketer on how to get TARGETed traffic to their website. I admit, FREE SEO is not that effective. It will takes months before I converted traffic to leads and then to sales. I took the risks on purchasing Video modules, some works, some not!! Glad to find a right system for me. . . Just in case you would like to review this. Just click here : http://retirewithcarl.com/

John Rey Panal, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  4. duke1978

duke1978 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you haven't looked into it already, be sure to look at getting relevant and targeted high quality links. Sites with high PR, high authority (check Moz) with good contextual links will be worth more than all your other efforts combined.

duke1978, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  5. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, you need to do it practically to learn SEO.

And yes, if you get fast ranking then it may disappear fast as well, so let your ranking climb naturally..

SERPpoint, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  6. Knacky

Knacky Member

Best Answers:
    I
    I do agree , "Practice makes perfect" :)

Knacky, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  7. acevatuew

acevatuew Banned

Best Answers:
    According to me Natural Links from Niche sites with Copyscape passed content works best.

acevatuew, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  8. Knacky

Knacky Member

Best Answers:
    Is really Copyscape so efficient for the the uniqueness of the content?

Knacky, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  9. neetuk

neetuk Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the information about SEO.I really appreciate.

neetuk, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  10. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it really is! Very important!

TPvinod, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  11. sherone

sherone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    go ahead with your learning! :)

sherone, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  12. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    We can learn SEO only based on experience and it takes a long time to know what works and what doesnt work!

TPvinod, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  13. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In SEO, you should never give up, keep working and you would get the result.

Of course, you would be doing white hat works only.. the natural element of SEO is very important so think of this first.

alex06295, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  14. shaamblaze

shaamblaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    We need to update ourselves regularly on this SEO business and more testing need to be done too.If we done onpage in right manner it will give as good result but its should not be keyword stuffed

shaamblaze, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  15. pretty kour

pretty kour Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to increase the traffice on your site ....then SEO is used

pretty kour, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  16. easycontent

easycontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

First of all Thank you....:)
    To do SEO you have to keep patience because it will takes time to show their effect but it is long lasting,In now days we are watching that Google updated their algorithm rapidly for perfect result so, if you want to stand in the cue of best site you have to follow Google's algorithm and according to their algorithm you have to make your SEO strategies.Content is the major aspects of your site and also quality backlinks, or you can say that content and backlinks are interrelated because if your content is unique and informative then people get more connected to your site and it helps to increase your quality backlinks and of course never forget SMO.

Thank you.....

easycontent, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  17. Md. Mustafizur Rahman

Md. Mustafizur Rahman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks...it helped me a lot....

Md. Mustafizur Rahman, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  18. Knacky

Knacky Member

Best Answers:
    I agree patience is everything and the never give up attitude would always win. It is a long road with a lot of learning. Maybe that's why SEO is interesting :)

Knacky, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  19. Money-Maker

Money-Maker Member

Best Answers:
    I just posted something similar on another thread but something Ive learned is that what works now isnt necessarily going to work in "X" months times. Probably the biggest thing you can learn is that you will never stop learning. This industry is constantly changing and just as you think you've got it sussed something will come along and put the fire out!

Money-Maker, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  20. TPvinod

TPvinod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Change is permanent and that's what keeps us going. That's where the secret lies exactly and I think this is very fair. Only those who are patient will persue a career in SEO and you gotta be talented over others to try, think different, experiment and find out what works and what doesn't!

TPvinod, Jul 30, 2013 IP