1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Here's the best piece of advice I've ever got from an Internet Marketer

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by breg, Jul 24, 2013.

?

Why do most internet marketers fail to make a full time income?

1. Give up too soon

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Follow the wrong strategy

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. They are lazy

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. It's impossible to make money online

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    I recently did an interview with an IM dude who's making a ton of cash. 5 years ago he was broke and robbed, and his previous career as a pop star was in tatters.

He borrowed 500 bucks off his dad and went to an IM seminar. It was a load of crap but it got his foot in the door of IM and he's never looked back.

I don't know how much he's making now, but I know it's a lot.

Anyway, he gave me the following advice and if you're not making the kinda money you want in internet marketing you need to read this and take it on board. It could just change your life.

PICK ONE STRATEGY AND PICK WITH IT UNTIL YOU MASTER IT!

Most people can follow through some internet marketing course and setup a site / squeeze page / sales funnel / what ever. Just about any sales funnel will convert if you drive enough traffic to it.

Make sure you're working in a niche which has a market full of people who have money and are desperate enough to spend it. think health / wealth / relationships. Don't go for some obscure niche like stamp collecting or wood carving lessons.

If you haven't set up a sales funnel yet do some searching through this forum and you'll soon figure it out. As a guideline I recommend the following:

Create free giveaway - set up squeeze page to collect optins - market clickbank products to list.

Very simple. Even if you know nothing you could have this set up withn a few days / a week at most. Anybody can do this. It's not going to make or break you if you don't get it right.

The real problem starts for most people because they can't generate enough traffic to their sales pages.

SO, the key take home from this post is that when it comes to driving traffic there are about a thousand different methods and most of them will work. You just need to pick one and then stick with it until you've mastered it.

If it's SEO you're gonna need to work on it for at lest a few weeks before you'll see progress. This is just about when most people give up. Commit to doing it for a few months. IF it's guest blogging or PPC the same thing applies. Be patient and stay the course and you'll be successful.

Finally, once you've made your plan. Don't be tempted to look at any more sales pages. Make sure that you are working on you're unique skills and life will be so much easier.

If you hate writing or english is your second language don't go in for article writing. Of course you could pay someone else to do it which would make a lot of sense.

I hope this post was helpful. Let me know what you think.

breg, Jul 24, 2013 IP
    radium likes this.
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    All those options can be the reason why a person may not succeed as an IMer. Over the years I've come to realize that internet marketing is a form of art. Anyone can create a squeeze page, for instance, but only a few will make it really effective. Just like with any other art form, one needs to daily hone his/her IM abilities. It also includes being flexible. What works today, may not work tomorrow. Being able to re-adjust one's thinking and methods is key to IM success. Sometimes, I am surprised to see people trying to make money on something that stopped making money 3-5 years ago or using methods that stopped working a while back.

qwikad.com, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  3. smart-seo9

smart-seo9 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This advice for online and offline also...
    thank's

smart-seo9, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  4. breg

breg Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely. It's a powerful piece of advice for anyone.

breg, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  5. breg

breg Peon

Best Answers:

Internet marketing may be a form of art but I think it's also a science. If you find out what other people are doing that is working and then copy their formula it will work for you too. Obviously you put your own spin on it in your own niche etc I'm not saying you copy their words, just their strategies.

The science is how you drive traffic to a site which is the hardest part but also where all the money is made.

breg, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  6. Branko Zecevic

Branko Zecevic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some people can make a success in IM after a few months of work!
    But for the most it takes 2 years in average! I heard this from a few
    people! Consistency is the key but you need to work smart also.
    Everything depends on how much action you put in it, and/or
    how much money you can spend on outsourcing and advertising!
    And you should always need to focus on getting targeted traffic!

Branko Zecevic, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  7. jimmyt200388

jimmyt200388 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found that if you take it for granted you lose sales fast! I was earning lots and let my SEO slip and now earn 10X less than before. Onwards though...

jimmyt200388, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  8. jacobean

jacobean Active Member

Best Answers:
    All those options can be the reason why a person may not succeed as an IMer. Over the years I've come to realize that internet marketing is a form of art. Anyone can create a squeeze page, for instance, but only a few will make it really effective. Just like with any other art form, one needs to daily hone his/her IM abilities. It also includes being flexible. What works today, may not work tomorrow. Being able to re-adjust one's thinking and methods is key to IM success. [Qwikad]

Wise words Qwikad.

PICK ONE STRATEGY AND PICK WITH IT UNTIL YOU MASTER IT! [breg]

Breg, That strategy is dangerous for both online and offline. I am a tenacious b@stard...I will always make sure that once a strategy is decided upon that execution must be carried out in the best and most rigorous way possible. But you have to realize no matter how good your strategy, execution or tools are...sometimes a dead horse is just a dead horse and as Qwikad has said you need to re-adjust your thinking.

Business history has shown us that CEOs who doggedly followed a particular business strategy even when everyone knew it was failing - destroyed their own companies.

If something is not working, you need to tweak your strategy and like a stone mason trying to break a stone - you have to hit, hit it until eventually you will see a crack appear. But sometime that crack never appears and you will just tire yourself out. You need to use a different tool or different approach altogether...its the same with marketing.

jacobean, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  9. breg

breg Peon

Best Answers:

The reason it takes 2 years on average... And I think the true value is actually much longer because so many people give up before they make anything. In my opinion is because people jump about from one thing to the next. Sidetracked by the latest sales letter magic technique...

It really should only take a few months if you made all the right moves and stuck to your strategy / program or whatever.

breg, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  10. breg

breg Peon

Best Answers:
    I think these poll results are getting interesting. Everyone place your vote in the Poll!!

I definitely agree with you Jacobean. One needs to constantly monitor their strategy and make continuous adjustments to be sure their time is well spent.

Say for instance you are into SEO you need to be constantly taking action on a daily basis as well as reading and refining your techniques.

I have a suspicion that most people start to make progress with SEO and then give up just before they crack it. So monitor your progress and definitely make adjustments, but don't through SEO out the door and start doing PPC for eg.

breg, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  11. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It all comes down to one thing, as with everything else in life - WISDOM

HostPlanz, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  12. dsmpub

dsmpub Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they are. Why am I the only one thats voting on lazy marketers!!! As that is one of the biggest problems I see as a coach.

Then whenever I sell sites on Flippa I always get the same PM's:

So there is work involved?

I have come across way too many lazy marketers that just don't put the effort in and then they complain that they are not seeing results.

dsmpub, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  13. Rahulkapoor1

Rahulkapoor1 Member

Best Answers:
    Science and Art happen to be magic and that is all internet is.

Rahulkapoor1, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  14. Tom Lindstrom

Tom Lindstrom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great advice! 95% of people who try Internet marketing fail because they jump from program to program, join the latest "get rich quick" -scheme and try new things all the time.When it does not work instantly (Newsflash! - It Never Does) they quit and move on to something else.

I only started making money on the web when I realized that it need to pick one strategy and learn everything I can about it and stick with it.

Tom Lindstrom, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  15. Norah Lim

Norah Lim Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Such a wonderful piece of advice, breg! I can totally agree with what you are saying. By the way, I think I recall seeing this post somewhere else before... I can't remember.

Norah Lim, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  16. breg

breg Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Norah I have written a couple of posts on this in various places. It's my hot buzz at the minute.
    I wonder where you read it...

breg, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  17. jacobean

jacobean Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is why I pity some internet marketeers having to deal with clients who are looking for instant results.
    Most have no idea how Google puts new sites on "probation", how Google changes the "algo" and fail to understand the other nuances of a well-crafted and well executed organic campaign. Just as the site is about to be rise in the rankings another internet marketeer takes over and will probably get the credit as well...

jacobean, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  18. breg

breg Peon

Best Answers:

I couldn't agree with you more Jacobean.

I think there is a good reason to start off your site trying to drive traffic to it in ways that will happen directly. I'm thinking of referral traffic through forums and blogs etc. These will help SEO anyway as well as providing revenue in the short term. There's nothing like a blog earning a few dollars to keep someone motivated to carry on.

SEO takes a while and should be part of a medium term strategy.

breg, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  19. ebiztrendz.com

ebiztrendz.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Breg,

True, Internet has huge potential, and so as Internet Marketing professionals can earn good.

The only thing need to learn is to work on idea's which works well. Patience has its own virtue. So plan and act proficient and never loose hopes.

What ever efforts you are putting in internet marketing will soon flourish.

All the best!

ebiztrendz.com, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  20. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    It is a good advice given to the community here.

The idea is to use 1 or 2 techniques that work for us, and master them to the fullest without
    wasting time in other techniques, that probably would not give us the results we are expecting.

Gianni Palazzo, Jul 27, 2013 IP