1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to recover from Negative Seo...?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ashokchanti, Jul 23, 2013.

Hi,

One of my client website got the effect of negative seo we are doing seo for that site for the high competitive keywords i got the better in serp.may be any one of my competitors or some other persons did negative Seo for my website which is creating negative impact on site and reputation of my client business how can i recover from that one share your valuable suggestions.

ashokchanti, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  2. blufoxx

blufoxx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. Respect your customers.
    2. Provide them with proper staff to listen and solve their queries.
    3. Ask your customers to provide positive feedback
    4. Have a feedback page on your site.
    5. Don't make false promises with customers.

blufoxx, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  3. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Customers aren't going to have much of an impact on negative SEO. As for the question in hand, how bad has this impact been? Sometimes when damage has been done it would be easier and quicker to start afresh, so if repairing the existing damage would be more effort than starting afresh, that's your answer.

Without a little more detail such as what the impact has been... sandboxed, not sandboxed... what negative SEO has been conducted, an URL, traffic stats, it would be hard for any of us to help.

scottlpool2003, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Define. What makes you believe the site was a victim of "negative SEO"? Such as what happened, when, etc. An URL for the site will help and examples of what you believe are negative SEO (you wouldn't believe how badly some site owners/so-called SEOs spam and call it SEO).

ryan_uk, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  5. chapziiid

chapziiid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm with Ryan, you need to define what you think has had this 'negative seo' effect.

The best way to think about SEO in 2013 is to not think about SEO at all...think about your users, not Google.

chapziiid, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  6. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wissam, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  7. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    That's not really a proper answer, but rather an assumption. The fact is, for all we know the site lost rank and the OP has only made an assumption it's negative SEO (he was a bit vague and mentioned "maybe" and "got the effect" - which frankly could just mean rank drop, which can happen for a multitude of reasons).

ryan_uk, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  8. ashokchanti

ashokchanti Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys recently i am finding some negative posting regarding my client services those posting are fallowing my targeted keyword rankings this will create negative impact on my site thats what happening to my site although i am doing seo for high competitive keywords how those postings are ranking its eating my brain.

9. Kamaldeep Singh SEO

Kamaldeep Singh SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just remove backlinks and u should use google webmaster
    Disavow Tool. don't create backlinks on keywords just make backlinks on Read more click here and brand name

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  10. ashokchanti

ashokchanti Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Kamaldeep,
    I am not at all finding the spammy links or bad links & i am not an authorised person to remove those links they are not pointing to my website those postings are ranked well for my keywords i am worrying about the negative postings.

11. ashokchanti

ashokchanti Member

Best Answers:
    Hi guys what i am saying is another seo team or some other persons are trying to create negative impact on my client services, they are doing some negative comments on different forums,some negative postings on blogs.how to recover from those postings....?

12. anjalirai

anjalirai Member

Best Answers:
    If any one did negative SEO of your website and affect ur ranking then first of all go to webmaster and download backlinks and find un-natural or negative backlinks. After that these back links "disavow" from disavow tool of webmaster. And send reconsideration request to webmaster.
    i confirm u will get again keywords ranking and traffic.

anjalirai, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  13. ashokchanti

ashokchanti Member

Best Answers:
    We are not creating spam or bad links some other persons are posting some negative postings & negative comments they are not pointing to my domain then i am not authorized person to disavow those links

14. weblinkindia

weblinkindia Member

Best Answers:
    I am also looking for the suitable answers of this question. Kindly share

weblinkindia, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  15. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    So the issue is not really negative SEO, but reputation management. I suggest you research that. If any of these postings are genuine complaints about the business then they should actually be dealt with rather than ignored (it could mean that Mr Unhappy Customer will change their review to explain there was a problem, but now resolved, for example).

ryan_uk, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  16. ashokchanti

ashokchanti Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you but the unhappy customer cannot do seo based on our targeting keywords i am finding posts with negative comments & they are increasing day by day & the postings are fallowing my results.

ashokchanti, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  17. Kevin Fernandez

Kevin Fernandez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Contact the websites admin and inform them about the same and request them to remove the spammy links. Hope this works.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    Kevin Fernandez, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  18. prabha123

prabha123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think It's Negative comment Coming in first page Right? If yes then you have to Create videos and post videos in different website and do social bookmark of approve videos. I know it's long process but it's True in past i face this kind of problem. also Make Profile in Social Networking website with same keywords as username.

This things will help you to decrease negative comments ranking.

prabha123, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  19. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    They could be genuine complaints. Let's take an example:

Your customer's product is "super widgets", their company is "Widgets Ltd". You are tracking "super widgets", "widgets", "best widgets", "which widget", "widgets", etc. Mr Unhappy Customer buys a "super widget" and it doesn't work, so they post a complaint on a consumer review site ranting about "super widget is the worst widget. I spent a long time looking for which widget to buy and this was supposed to be the best one. Guess what, it's the worst and Widgets Ltd customer support wouldn't help!". Mr Unhappy Customer posts it on some other complaints sites as he's very angry. Well, now you have a bunch of complaints relevant to your keywords.

Or someone could be making fake reviews, but either way we come back to the same thing:

Reputation Management

Look it up. It's very important in SEO for a brand.

ryan_uk, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  20. neetuk

neetuk Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing such a wonderful information.

neetuk, Jul 29, 2013 IP