1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Maps Visibility

Discussion in 'Google' started by DJandP, Jul 21, 2013.

Hello.

My boss has requested that I get her an answer to this question which I cannot answer.

On Google Maps when you go to our address in the default Zoom it shows our neighbor. Our neighbor does no advertising, barely any business and certainly not any SEO. I tried telling my boss there's not much I can do to change this because there is technically nothing wrong with Google's Maps and you cannot pay to be placed above. I have attached two pictures to help you understand what I mean. This was an issue on our directions page but has been resolved now by editing the "?z=" part of the URL. But she would still like an answer to the original problem.

These views / listings are the same, no matter if you type in our address, our address with our suite info, or just browsing with no address typed in.

So my questions are
    1. Why does he show up in this view?
    2. Is there anyway I can change this?

Thank you!

This first picture is the default zoom
    [​IMG]
    And this second picture is zoomed in once
    [​IMG]

DJandP, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not aware of a way to change this. Google Maps are pretty accurate, but they are not perfect. Also, Google is not real responsive to user inquiries.

danasurvey, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  3. DJandP

DJandP Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. This is what I figured and I told her Google probably won't give us the answer because it revolves around their algorithm.

This community is awesome by the way.

DJandP, Jul 22, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure your business is listed in Google Places.

CanadianEh, Jul 23, 2013 IP