1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Report the suspicious users here!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by kingofking, Jul 23, 2013.

1. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I don't know if it was ever suggested before, but one of the ways to reduce the amount of people abusing likes is to not even have the "like" link in the posts of the newly registered people for the first 7 days. A lot of things can happen over a week period. If someone comes here with the intent to abuse the system they will leave as soon as they realize they can't get likes and may never come back. Those who are genuinely interested in selling will stick around, and by the time they can get likes they will be more familiar with the rules and practices here on DP.

After all we don't have the privilege of adding signatures right away, why not to spread the same idea/rule to getting likes?

qwikad.com, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    samdar and Devtard like this.
  2. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well said my friend, and very true. I can no longer debate when I know the opposing debater is right.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Right now, I think we should change it from 3 likes to 5 OR change the minimum number of posts / likes before you can like someone else (ie 10 likes and 100 posts before like privileges)

Ok, lets look at something different. They are paying $20 for fake likes, and premium costs $25 for a month. So, what if instead, allow for people to make up to 5 listings within 7 days, for $5.

Its better then paying $20 for fake likes, better then paying $25 every month, and provides an affordable middle ground for someone that wants to list up to 5 sites. Of course, it would not have any other benefits that would otherwise come with premium membership, and would only be available to those with under 3 likes.

ONLY thing to look at is that this idea could bring in extra cash, (but it could actually make one lose cash), Ie. 4 new people might pay $5 each = $20 total, however, currently right now out of those 4 people, one might pay for premium = $25

I am just saying that it might be worth looking into something like this and seeing if it is indeed a profitable idea that is worth implementing.

matt_62, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    Devtard likes this.
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    it's more fun the way things are looking at this thread.

Blogmaster, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  6. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    kingofking, Jul 25, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1, Rebecca, GMF and 3 others like this.
  7. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    KingofKing is cleaning house! :)

Rebecca, Jul 26, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and kingofking like this.
  8. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I request mods to add one more trophy in their list "sherlock holmes" that KingofKing deserves.
    Great work King ;)

FreeFun4Every1, Jul 26, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and kingofking like this.
  9. qwertykris

qwertykris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Speaking of suspicious users, does anyone know if there's any action that can be taken against those who scam content providers?

I tried searching for such a thread but none came up.

qwertykris, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  10. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It has been already said for many times. DP is just a site which connect both seller and buyer. It exist not to judge whether a someone is right and the other is wrong. In fact, there are lots of transactions which may not be able to be tracked. It means DP didn't know if the transaction was really happen (seller that is not qualify for feedback). DP always willing to improve the marketplace and it has been better place to sell/buy stuffs online.

DP is great place which is willing to help both parties without even need to pay single money. Every seller and buyer should understand the risk while doing business. I remember Shawn already told us about it many times.

But I'm not entirely without sympathy to you. I hate scammer too. No matter if they were seller or buyer, both of them are bad people. They should not only being banned but also need to give back what they take/receive.

There are many sites which offer additional service. Escrow.com and Paypal is the sites which are willing to help people whom doing business involving with sending/receiving money. Give proof of the payments or anything else to that site and lets them help you with the transaction. You may want to share the result with all of us in the forum.

Bottom line is, DP is one of the best site in the world which trying to connect both seller and buyer without fee.
    We already know there is Facebook which is always free and trying to connect peoples.
    We have DP which tries to connect both seller and buyer without fee. I think DP should make a logo "We connect both Seller and Buyer without fee".

In case anyone didn't know, many local discussion think DP is the best forum to sell sites/domains/products. This is why there are so many peoples trying to 'spam' DP just to enter the marketplace.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
    Arick unirow, Jul 27, 2013 IP
    kingofking and FreeFun4Every1 like this.
  11. qwertykris

Best Answers:
    Well, thanks for the response. I'm aware that it's* extremely hard for DP to prevent such happenings. For what it's worth, the buyer was seo-watch who was pretty active here before he deleted his account after probably cheating others like me. He owes me about $200 that I assumed would be paid as I had a long term association with him earlier which is why I trusted him in the first place.

I'm not complaining as it was my mistake not getting paid in advance. In fact, this is the first time I've even mentioned this anywhere. He still runs his SEO business I notice.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  12. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the information with us. I think you should open another thread about it with title "Waiting for confirmation". It is best to describe you problem and let the other party explain it. Who know maybe the problem could be settled and both parties smile in the end. I'm not sure it is allowed or not. Ask mod for more info.
    By the way, Mods surely find any report useful. Just make sure to give proper description and proof. Don't bother their job, wait until they ask it from you. :)
    Actually, DP already great in preventing any scam business into happen (compared to others). However, it is wise to only doing business with respected clients. I have simple rule, I will only doing business with seller that have 'qualify for feedback' in his/her thread. I'm buyer, btw. :)

You should be less worried now because Mods surely read your post. It was not entirely your fault. Sometimes deal goes bad. Don't give up. Think of it as experience and let's hope future deals would not go bad.

13. qwertykris

Best Answers:
    This was in the year 2011 so it's been a while now. I'm not that bothered about getting the money back at this point. I contacted them a few times at three email id's without receiving any replies. And from him deleting his DP profile (which had more than 400 itrader points), it was obvious what was happening. There really seemed no point in wasting time after that because Paypal too does not help those selling content as far as I know. Others dealing with them could be more careful from this information.

14. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    You already state your opinion and surely other will read your post above.
    Don't think too much about it (I didn't mean to be rude). Let's continue our life.

I'm Arick. It is nice to meet you. :)

You are free to report any suspicious user too (if you find them).

15. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:

why do you keep saying he's deleted his DP account, he hasn't because it's not possible, only admins can delete accounts, his account "seo-watch" is still active.

malky66, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  16. qwertykris

Best Answers:
    My bad. When I checked his account during that time, I saw a message that led me to believe his account was inactive or something similar. I don't recall exactly now.

qwertykris, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  17. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Rebecca, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  18. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    Nice find. You should make screenshot to avoid the user change the avatar or name. I have checked the profile and two from three members whom giving the likes are very good members (which are impossible to sell likes - IMO).
    Maybe the staff already remove 'suspicious likes'.
    Or, it is different users. The avatar could be 'public' image. It is up to the staff to verify it.

Arick unirow, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  19. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    newbie191, Aug 5, 2013 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  20. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    Based on the history, It seems the user is from Indonesia.
    While checking any 'suspicious members' reported in this thread, I was really shy because majority of them are Indonesian.
    I'm really proud to be Indonesian. I wish all Indonesian also think the same way.

Arick unirow, Aug 7, 2013 IP
    kingofking, Spoiltdiva and ryan_uk like this.