1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Sucks

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Revelations-Decoder, Jul 19, 2013.

One reason Facebook sucks is becasue the stupid thing keeps auto reverting back to "top stories" instead of "recent posts" so it takes extra clicks to reset every time and it is so annoying. I could list many other things of course.

However FB won't care, why would they, (as many also won't to) as they like annoying people with stuff that works best for FB and not end users, but what do you think makes Facebook suck and what else like this sort of thing will help work to bring about their eventual demise do you think?

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 19, 2013 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I've tried joining a few times. I guess I just don't "get it." Each time I've gotten bored, and have abandoned it. I haven't visited Facebook now for a long time...

Rebecca, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You are not the first person I have heard say that Rebecca, though others we're offline mostly and those with little time for spending online surfing websites that waste or take up their time as they are too busy in general for such things.

I know others who spend almost all their spare time on Facebook playing games they are addicted to and others who post constantly about the strangest of things (some good friends to) but I must say I don't get the appeal of FB personally.

I can just about cope with DP where I can at least learn the odd thing, but for me FB holds little appeal (though I suppose one could say it is possible to learn some things), or I would be saying Facebook sucks for taking up my time with unproductive nonsense else!

There are lot's of little sutle things that I thought others might point out that makes Facebook suck though, so does anyone else have one.some things to throw into the mix on the subject?

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  4. SeoBoom

SeoBoom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    bugs. damn bugs are killing all the 'user friendlyness': notifications won't always show, pictures won't always open, pages won't always load (and it's not about my internet connection).
    Yes, I'm aware that there are kind of 1 bil. people registered but damn - what for they hired armies for development and maintenance?
    I also hate when they announce a new feature/design and while they're rolling it, we can't be as much excited about this as we were in the announcement day. Useless to say but, for example - the new news feed.
    I hate their monetization strategy. I would rather pay about 5$ per month and become a premium user and have all my posts and page's posts visible instead of trying to avoid this edgerank algorithm.
    But, at the end of the day, I'm still more of a facebook user, because I was left no choice and however they won't ever take their users seriously.
    Sad but true.

SeoBoom, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    When the stuff is offered free I can overlook some of the bugs, upgrades, etc. My beef with them is their paid advertising. I tried it once and my ROI was dismal. I don't know if I was doing something wrong. I should probably try it again with a fresh campaign.

But seriously, how many of you clicked on the sponsored ads there just for fun? And I think that's why the ROI is so bad, because nobody comes to fb looking for something they need and most people probably view their sponsored ads as a nuisance.

qwikad.com, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  6. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Me I only ever click on FB ads for fun! It's a great craic and the only good reason to click anything much on FB most of the time! :)

I click all the adult contact ads just to cost them money as my family and friends are on FB and getting targeted by such ads and so they deserve getting clicked on for having ads about "F**K dates in my area, so it just fun to click them, cost them money and make their & FB metrics make no sense.

And I also click on SEO ads I see, as it is fun to see sites of those who I would never see anywhere else as they can't get ranked, to get found in SERPS, so have to pay FB for ads. But their ROI won't be good as I didn't click for anything other than to check out their site and never would buy anything.

But then I often click ads for all the wrong reasons but only ever once in my life so far to actually buy something....

Facebook ads really do suck though IMHO and I imagine for most people the ROI must be terrible and really make Facebook suck for that reason, though one person here on DP said they had success with FB ads the other week so Facebook ads can't suck completely.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    Revelations-Decoder, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's prolly true. I remember one girl here on DP saying how she gets lots of signups for her dating website from fb. Which makes sense. fb --> people like fun --> dating ads --> signups.

I am right there with you, I too check out SEO or aff. marketing sites promoted on fb, just to confirm that they are full of hot air.

qwikad.com, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.