1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal India - Any ways to decrease the fees?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by smellyfinger, Jul 21, 2013.

I think they charge around 4 % every time we receive a payment. IS there any way (neat or tricky), by which we can avoid it?

Pls advice.

Thanks!

smellyfinger, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  2. Quick Infotech

Quick Infotech Member

Best Answers:
    There used to be mass payment and gift payments but they are no longer supported for Indian Paypal accounts.

I'm not sure about mass payment, if thats works then there wont be any fee deductions.

Quick Infotech, Jul 22, 2013 IP
    Indausdev likes this.
  3. winappleworld

winappleworld Active Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal is not willing to charge so much % of fees and it now even decided that we cannot keep the virtual money online. Its all in RBI (Reserve Bank of India) hand. They ask PayPal to make such rules. Its to reduce corruption and money laundering I guess.

And anyways guys.. They pay more then a billion/year to give us such tight security :)

Apple, Samsung can be hacked once but PayPal, I don't think anyone had dare to.

winappleworld, Jul 22, 2013 IP
    Indausdev likes this.
  4. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no way and I think mass payment and gift payments are not available for Indians.

unna, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  5. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Reducing payment charges for every transactions is definitely not possible with paypal.
    All you can do is to ask your client to send Wire Transfer to your bank a/c directly.
    Also you will save curren exchange losses with paypal when you withdraw them to your bank a/c , because paypal deducts around INR 1 - 2 per US dollar when you withdraw to your bank a/c.

EX: If your client pays $100 , you will be received around $95 after deductions of transaction charges.
    Then when you try to withdraw , you will be receiving only $95 & INR 57.something , if the actual currency exchange is around INR 58.. to INR 59.. something
    So you will receive somewhere around $95 * 57 = INR 5415

Whereas if you had received through Wire transfer to your bank , you would have something like this
    $100 * INR 59 = INR 5900

So better use alternate payment system like Wire Transfers to bank a/c for bigger transactions & paypal for smaller transactions & yes there is no way to reduce the paypal fees or the only option is to add the transaction charge to the client , by billing him additional 4 - 5%

Hope this helps you understand better :)

phptechie, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  6. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to add to 'phptechie' that US dollar checks are also good option

I add deposited US dollar check for $215.16 and bank gave me 60.04 USD-INR rate

2013-07-26_152245.jpg

PayPal only gives maximum 57 or 58 rate

nihangshah, Jul 26, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 and pupul like this.
  7. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Mass payment is available for Indians, but can't accept gift payments.

Nice find. But one must have time to go to bank for check.
    If you have got large amount of money in one day, then using this method you can benefit.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    pupul, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  8. Jenny Watson

Jenny Watson Member

Best Answers:
    When paypal will be available in Pak? anybody have any idea?

Jenny Watson, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  9. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    As of now there is no any option for indians instead of paying that much fees IMO. Paypal charge really high charges :(

DON.

deluxdon, Jul 30, 2013 IP