1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to promote Wallpaper Sites?

Discussion in 'Google' started by CourageTheCowardlyDog, Aug 10, 2009.

1. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    create facebook page and update them with new wallpaper

karthimx, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  2. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Optimize the site with relevant keywords, have a description for each of the wallpaper and wallpaper categories on the site. Optimize your site so that the wallpaper can be easily shareable on social media. Social media marketing and SEO should go hand in hand especially for sites such as yours. Allow users to comment on the wallpapers with a comment section. This leads to user generated content and increase in search traffic for relevant keywords.

rankwatch.com, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  3. SeoBoom

SeoBoom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    maybe there are way to much wallpaper and all of them are way to different. I am always downloading wallpapers from a site which provides minimal and flat design wallpapers - perfect for desktops. maybe you should brand yourself as a site of specific wallpapers? It's not a solution - it's a 'maybe' :)

SeoBoom, Jul 22, 2013 IP
  4. allsome

allsome Active Member

Best Answers:
    I saw your post and see you in need to help with your wallpaper site.
    I used to have wallpaper site in 2011 and was making perday about 50+ USD on Google Adsence. I sold it to one of my friend with my marketing techniques that I use to bring shit load of traffic.

How i get the most organic & other traffic out of it?

1st: I check out IMDB & others to see the most latest movies coming out (mostly Sci-Fi) 1-2 month ahead. I collect about 20 wallpapers for each of those movies and post it on my site with small descriptions WITH MOVIE NAMES in title etc. (very important)

2nd: I use the same method with new popular games coming out soon and use the same technique to post wallpaper about it.

3rd: New & popular celebrities wallpaper all the time .. associated with their albums coming out etc.

4th: Posting a lot of Anime related wallpapers on my site with the anime names and characters.

5th: I customize my script A LOT and I use "Google snippet microdata" on all of my wallpapers to make each image link directly in the google images as well as other search engines.

6th: I m anime lover.. so have accounts on different anime forums.. I promote my site there with expensive free wallpaper about anime charaters etc.

7th: I gave forum BB codes with any of my wallpapers .. so ppl can post it drectly on the forums without uploading them etc.. this way if someone click the image to see it with full resolution.. they come to my site OR it jsut popup to see the full image with small ad beside it.

8th: I have about 200+ different niche wallpapers, which include animals, cute animals(girls love this shit), movies, arts, Games(boys love this shit) and much more.

9th: I never give up :) and keep trying. I have one full time out sources who just do these techniques and even after paying expenses & others I make profile over it..

Hope i help you and best of luck with your wallpaper site :)

- Omer

allsome, Jul 23, 2013 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  5. chapziiid

chapziiid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just like any other site, spread the word and give people a reason to 'like/share/tell others' about what you do, then SEO and traffic growth will take care of itself.

chapziiid, Jul 23, 2013 IP