1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any advice for selling a website on Flippa with no revenue or visitors?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Stone Harding, Jul 21, 2013.

Hey everyone, I want to build a retail website for cool toys and sell it on Flippa. How the website will work is, I have a wholesale supplier. Then I will populate the website with their wholesale products and sell them for retail. Who ever buys the website will have to buy from the wholesaler with the info I give them. What I want to know is, will the website sell even though it doesn't have any revenue or unique visitors?

Stone Harding, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  2. terrymason

terrymason Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My advice is don't waste your time.

Even if it is a great deal, it probably won't sell, and you'll be out the ~$30 or so that it cost to list the auction. You'd be better off developing the site for two months or so, and having some sort of revenue before listing it.

terrymason, Jul 21, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Terrymason is right
    pickings are slim and you might not cover costs. instead, offer your services to those who might be interested, say offer to build a site within 30 days, and you just set the price. Someone who is interested might contact you now or in a few months time, whereas creating the site first might take months to find a buyer and by this stage you would have spent more time looking for a buyer then building the site.

Who knows, if you offer your services you might be run off your feet with people wanting to have sites like that built for them with their choice of domain, products, and site design

matt_62, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  4. johnalford

johnalford Member

Best Answers:
    get a good site design.and offer some services on the site like buy/sell facebook fans or twitter followers.and find your suppliers on odesk or freelancer.believe me it will work pretty well.

johnalford, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  5. proson

proson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or some sort of traffic and more importantly database.....

proson, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  6. .Mosey

.Mosey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sites like what you described are usually referred to as "turnkey". Yes, they do sell, but not for much. You'll be able to get substantially more if you follow the advice in this thread; get it to generate some revenue first. Make sure you track everything -- sales, traffic, etc.

I'd also suggest you capture user emails and build a list. Even if it's just a couple hundred subs, this will raise the value of the site and give you another selling point. Off the top of my head, you could offer a free guide on "The Hottest Toys of 2013: The Ultimate Gift Guide For What Kids REALLY Want" or something like that as the lead magnet/incentive to sign up.

Have a little patience and it'll pay off big time down the road. You may even find that the site reaches a point where you want to keep it as an asset for your own portfolio.

.Mosey, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  7. Bestservices4u

Bestservices4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To sell website on flippa, you need traffic+ revenue. If your site is earning even $1 a day, it can fetch you $300-$350 easily.

Bestservices4u, Jul 26, 2013 IP
  8. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's going to be hard trying to sell a site with no earnings or traffic on Flippa. Work hard on getting traffic and revenue for a month or two and then try to sell it. Otherwise, try selling it on here in the marketplace section.

cronik, Jul 27, 2013 IP
  9. iRanjeet

iRanjeet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hard luck Bro ! No one buy such sites.

iRanjeet, Jul 28, 2013 IP
  10. dsmpub

dsmpub Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sites still sell if they don't have visitors or income but they sell for a lot less.

Something you may want to consider is that there is a lot of people selling sites similar to your site funded with amazon products and many would prefer to do business with the Amazon brand rather than some wholesaler they have never heard of. Plus with an amazon site you can then go down the route of multiple streams of income.

If you haven't started building it yet I would consider changing to amazon instead.

dsmpub, Jul 28, 2013 IP