1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for eCommerce with specific option built in...

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by mattbeach, Jul 8, 2013.

Does anyone know of an eCommerce platform that will allow me to create a product page very similar to the one shown here: http://www.dickblick.com/products/arches-watercolor-paper/ ?

Currently I am using OpenCart in an attempt to accomplish something similar but I keep running into problems as far as functionality.

Basically what I'm after is a platform that allows for a list of product options each with a quantity box to the side and each with different variable pricing. I also need a function that allows the price to be different based on different customer groups e.g. different prices for school accounts.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss right now.

mattbeach, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If I am understanding you correctly I do this with magento on a regular basis but it should be doable with open cart as well. Those are essentially custom product options.(first part of your question)

In my case, I typically do this with drop downs, radio buttons if need be etc.

Before I ramble on for 20 minutes, is it your intention to lay this out as a big huge table?(like the example?) If so, that is a bit of work but entirely doable as well.

Let me know if that helps, this should be fairly trivial to resolve. For instance, different prices based on groups is dealt with by setting up groups and catalog rules in Magento. I could likely flesh all this out in opencart as well I would just have to check a few things but it would not likely be as high level as it would with Magento.

happy to help though,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  3. mattbeach

mattbeach Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to lay it out very similar, if not the same as the link I posted as far as actually picking products to purchase.

I have something set up similar on OpenCart using Qphoria's Multiple Option Quantity but in doing this it nulls the options to have special pricing for schools etc.

Here is the current page I'm working on: http://artsystems5.mbeach.me/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52&search=graduate

My issues come up when trying to do special pricing because not all of my products will have the same price. OpenCart only allows under the "specials" tab to list one new price. However, when I'm selling 4 or 5 different sizes of sketchbooks and each one has a different price on the page, I can't just use a single special to change the price for each customer group. However, I also can't use any extensions that allow product pages to show different options based on the customer that is logged in e.g. showing one set of options for customer a who is a default customer and another set of options for customer b who is a schools customer. I can't accomplish this because the vqmod extensions are not compatible with one another.

Do you have any examples of how this is set up using Magento? Our first choice as a platform was Magento but I remember we came into some problems, which were either it was difficult to customize appearance wise or there was a limit to the products.

Thank you for your help by the way it is much appreciated. I've been pulling out my hair over the past couple days trying to make this work.

mattbeach, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  4. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Try with AJ Shopping Cart which is the best customizable shopping cart software with the rich set of user & seo friendly and marketing tailored features.

rashida, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  5. sigmainfo

sigmainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Magento ecommerce platform will allow you to do this with an additional functionality you are looking.

sigmainfo, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  6. Brontos

Brontos Peon

Best Answers:
    What you are asking about is very similar for table view functionality Viart Shop has.
    You can read more about it on link below or just contact their support for help
    http://www.viart.com/table_view_products_list.html

Brontos, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  7. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing about this post inspires anyone to purchase something that pales in comparison to a free, enterprise level solution.

Please, hire a marketing firm with a clue if you need to market that stuff.

Rule of thumb for those who read this.. Never purchase a product even if its a wordpress theme, from a company whose own business model is complete pants.

that is all,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  8. Brontos

Brontos Peon

Best Answers:
    Nigel, just wondering what is your post about?

I can see that you are always saying that some option is doable but you never point exact way to achieve it or you just like talking about something?

So, I will advice you not share your ideas if you have no strong idea how it could be done, or if I'am wrong I would be grateful to hear from you more detailed instructions how accomplish the task described above with any platform you suggested?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    Brontos, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  9. glennyjoycelyn

glennyjoycelyn Banned

Best Answers:
    Get all type of suggestion,development,customization of eCommerce platform from our business experts ,13 year of experience in eCommerce services.for details PM me

glennyjoycelyn, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  10. insoft.web

insoft.web Peon

Best Answers:
    We can help you achieve this. PM us for details.

insoft.web, Jul 18, 2013 IP