1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How serious are you with your internet business ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lazycub011, Jul 14, 2013.

A lot of us jump right into the internet marketing business in hopes to find a better life outside the real world.

But most of us came unprepared from the vast knowledge and information that was about to greet us once we step into its doorway.

A lot of us gets taken by the marketing telling us how easy it is or how quick the success will be if we do such A, B, C methods.

While some of them maybe true, and some of them maybe not. There is always a different path to what someone must do to achieve success.

So how serious are you with your internet business ?

You invest your money, your time and even sacrifice your health and social life just to make this work for you.

So pretty much you can say you are serious, but to what extent ?

If you haven't been earning online for the past few years that you have been here, then there must be something wrong ?

Have you considered changing some of the things you are doing ?

Maybe you have made a couple of routines, buying one product to another and not seeing it thru to see some of the investment coming back.

Do you have any plans, or goals ?

You see the difference with real marketers and Newbies is that they have a set of plans and goals they want to achieve.

Its all about perception, how you see things and how think of methods of how it will work for you.

Internet marketing is a serious matter, since you invest your time, money and your life into it, don't you think its about time you ask yourself what's worth your time and what's not?

So lets rephrase the question.

If you are to gamble your time, money, your family and your whole life into one business, industry, specialty or any other skill you have, what will you invest it into ?

Everyone has their own talents and skill that at least one point of your life you have been complimented too, shouldn't you consider utilizing it with the business you are trying to put up to ?

Remember that the world of internet marketing is a vast universe and there is bound to be some competition out there.

If you are going to invest your life into, might as well invest on what you know you do best and what you know you do that you can enjoy.

That way, you wouldn't feel that the world is turning up against you.

I hope that I've inspired marketers out there as I know how lonely it feels to walk an unknown road.

Good Luck....

lazycub011, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Good stuff. I was reading recently that people over 40 are more likely to succeed in IM. Young entrepreneurs are more likely to quit after the first or second failure. To me, it's a no-brainer: if you don't fail, you can't really grow or learn. You can see it, sometimes, in your kids. They try something and if they are not good at it they tend to get discouraged and eventually quit (like soccer, painting or music). Learning IM takes time. Unless you practice, fail, gain more and more experience - there's no way you can get ahead in it.

qwikad.com, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  3. dsmpub

dsmpub Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I do a lot of online coaching and I can always tell in the first couple of weeks who will fail at it and who will be a huge success.

Those that have thrown in the towel and not put the effort in have ALL been over the age of 45 though! The biggest error I did find though was that out of the older marketers they had often worked with offline marketing and couldn't adjust to the online world.

I am 31 and I do see where you are coming from with the younger crowd too many of them live at home and enjoy the bank of mummy and daddy so they have no need to really TRY.

dsmpub, Jul 15, 2013 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. Carl Mason

Carl Mason Active Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly great post,

I must admit internet business is tough and difficult, my difficulties I have found you need a lot of basic IT skills what I fort i had.

I started about a month ago full time, from about December i started learning about the internet business in depth reading a multitude of books and material online.

Since working full time at my internet business, I stopped reading thinking that i learned everything that i needed to learn, The truth of the matter is you have to accept you should never stop learning everyday! mastering your skills -

I Left my "safe" job and good salary because i wanted this so bad to carve the future i wanted, I have spent about 2 weeks in limbo my mind all over the place, Pressure from my friends and family because i have told them about my goals.

However i'm not giving in, I remember my sports teacher always said to me
    "winners never quit! and quitters never win"

see you guys at the finish line;)

Carl Mason, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  5. Carl Mason

Carl Mason Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just to add i'm in the U25 bracket - i guess the odds are heavily stacked against me, but ill do everything in my power to prove the new statistics wrong!:)

Carl Mason, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  6. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    In internet business, some people don't know the real way of making money, they don't know where the money come from and they are caught by scam programs so you should have ability to recognize scam too.

SERPpoint, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  7. ReferralCandy

ReferralCandy Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Carl!

As a fellow person coming from the U25 bracket - go you!!!!!! Can i just say that i get where you're coming from? My first "real job" was at a traditional advertising agency, when i was in school at age 18. It opened a lot of doors for me - i got job offers from clients, some of them high-ranking CEOs of big brands, a longstanding offer to return to the agency after i graduated, getting my campaign published in the newspapers and stuff like that. The logical track for me was to go back into the field but i chose to dabble in a million other things when i moved on to university, surprising my friends and family.

Now I'm 21 going on 22, and i've found myself as the editor of a column in an online magazine, running a little online business selling cookies, and drawing a good salary doing social media marketing for a fantastic app for online retailers that's featured on platforms like Shopify and such. Living my work through a variety of things that are all on the Internet and online platform category wasn't something i'd envision for myself years ago. But hey! Years ago, Facebook and Twitter hadn't exploded yet. Things have changed so fast, and are still changing so quickly. The ones who succeed online are those who try, and fail, and try again. They learn from their mistakes, the mistakes of others, and keep a sharp eye out for trends and budding patterns in consumer behavior online. There's no strict manual to it. It's all fluid and flexibility and being able to mould your brand or product into something that is fresh, and ahead of the hungry pack trailing closely behind on ecommerce trends.

Internet geeks will rule the world soon enough n_n

ReferralCandy, Jul 16, 2013 IP
    Carl Mason likes this.
  8. Vernard

Vernard Member

Best Answers:
    I see it as serious, I invest countless hours, money, & creativity. If you want something successful then dedication is the key and of course dedication could affect your social life. However, it does pay off so in the long run it's worth it in my eyes.

Vernard, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  9. Muhammad mafazine

Muhammad mafazine Member

Best Answers:
    wow.. your post very detail
    For me, internet business is main activity, every day, my time fill with online, online and online
    So, business internet so real for me, and dont forget to, still many people serious in internet business, because the internet business is solution for anyone to get extra cash, even can many more compared main revenue in offline world

Muhammad mafazine, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  10. maurisrx

maurisrx Member

Best Answers:

I agree with you. I as youngster sometimes felt lazy in working with my business. I feel too safe in regards my income. But after I had some financial problem, it awakened me and made me working harder and harder until finally the result has started to arise. I think safe zone is a joyful danger and I don't want to get into that.

maurisrx, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  11. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So many people get distracted by the wonders of IM. Spending money on products that promise $5,000 by tomorrow without any work. Not going to happen. It is the "shiny object" syndrome. Jumping from one system/idea to another and following through with none. So we try PPC (NOT good for beginners!), article marketing (back in the day of the steam powered computers), Facebook ads (do you go on FB to buy stuff? Me either.), affiliate products, digital products etc.

The best advice I ever got from somebody on the internet was: Do ONE thing until you make money. Then do it again until you make more money. Once you start to make money, everything changes. You then truly BELIEVE that you can make money. And you do!

Once you are making money from one thing, then and only then, move onto something else.

Super hint: Build a list of buyers whom you can email offers to. Once I got my list into the (low) thousands, I can make money just by sending out an email. It is like magic. ;)

dailybread2011, Jul 16, 2013 IP
    dsmpub and qwikad.com like this.
  12. Carl Mason

Carl Mason Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks dailybread, I completely dig what you're saying sometimes people try and make things more complicated then they need to be!

Do you use adweber for your email marketing lists?

Carl Mason, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  13. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not in my case definitely... When I want to hang out with my friends, I go hang out with my friends... When I'm not feeling okay, I don't work.. If you don't feel in a mood for work, just don't... Avoiding work when you are not in mood can actually bring a lot of good things.. I'm a workaholic but I don't work 24/7. Nobody does..

VukasinI, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  14. Carl Mason

Carl Mason Active Member

Best Answers:
    :)On the money;)

Carl Mason, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  15. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

I go through the similar spans where I take breaks and enjoy the benefits of having my own business. I've told this probably a few times to my wife by now: "Every time I forget about my online business and get away from it, it seems like I make more money (as opposed to when I constantly worry about it)".

But I also know that the best things that I have today have come to me as a result of extremely hard work and sacrifice. Sleepless nights, back pain, doing the same thing over and over and over again, trying new things, being dissatisfied with the status quo, etc. If you want to make it on your own, and you want to make it big, there's no easy way about it.

qwikad.com, Jul 16, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  16. mckiepiper

mckiepiper Peon

Best Answers:

+1. I operate completely online so if I'm not investing in the hours, money, creativity, etc... heavily; I better not expect any rewards in the long run. Success doesn't follow laziness...

mckiepiper, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  17. bitcoinrob

bitcoinrob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When you get started in the internet marketing world you need to question everything.

What I mean by that is do your due diligence. Not just when making a purchase, but also when learning something new - especially in SEO/IM. If you come across a technique or strategy, verify its authenticity to see if other independent blogs are citing the same facts. Pay attention to what Matt Cutts says, too.

But most importantly - experiment.

The thing with the internet is that there are a group of people that know exactly what they are doing. There are others that know a great deal, but take everything they read on authority sites as gospel.

For example, one of the most tragic bad advice ever to hit the world of internet marketing is thinking that all you need is links and more links.

This simply isn't true.

Again, do not take my word for it. Test the theory yourself. Quality trumps quantity all day. Focus on building traffic, not links.

Oh, and to answer the question: I'm damn serious = P

bitcoinrob, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  18. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes I do. My experience has been good with it.

dailybread2011, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  19. bitcoinrob

bitcoinrob Greenhorn

Best Answers:

That about sums it up. It's good to be aggressive in business (in terms of time put in and effort), but when you get away from it all and re-approach it you do from a fresh perspective. The funny thing is you usually end up with some better ideas.

bitcoinrob, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  20. Charles90

Charles90 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've just launched my business yesterday. I've been working hard attempting to learn the vast amount of knowledge needed to succeed. I have made a few sales so far, which is good :)

Charles90, Jul 16, 2013 IP