1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can review my redesign site

Discussion in 'Design' started by nikos19pap, Jul 9, 2013.

Hello, can someone review my redesign website?

www.tutsmag.com

nikos19pap, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  2. xeod

xeod Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    http://snag.gy/3YBr2.jpg

It's quite....erm, plain, looks quite old.I'd suggest a re-design on the header & footer.The content part looks good.I think there's too much space between the main content and sidebar making it looks cluttered.
    About the footer now, the space between the content and where the footer starts is too small.The headings in the footer need some work, like increasing font size, changing color, better spacing.Think of implementing HTML5, it really helps the site.

On a more positive note, I really like that the website is responsive.For some reason on small resolution the website looks better ( purely subjective opinion ).

A major thing would be the typography.I saw an article -10 Business Wordpress Themes on your site.Try to see what the authors did regarding the typography, use of white-space, fonts choice and so on.

P.S: Think about a logo.
    Cheers!

xeod, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  3. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Needs a good logo. *Hint hint* :p

scurvy, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  4. fox5ires

fox5ires Peon

Best Answers:
    It's missing a logo that wouldn't blend with everything else.

fox5ires, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  5. hemantwebmaster

hemantwebmaster Member

Best Answers:
    I have 1mbps Broadband connection, You website taking lot of time for opening in India. You header logo and navigation mixing in top area. Do more work on header.

hemantwebmaster, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  6. EvaBrown89

EvaBrown89 Member

Best Answers:
    +1 to above said. The main thing you should focus on is design. Your site looks too simple though contains a range of good posts. I'd suggest to add a logo, play with the navigation bar at the top (put those menu items elsewhere in a single line, that would look nicer), completely re-do the style of header and footer, make them noticeable.

EvaBrown89, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  7. ZoeF

ZoeF Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First i would like to say it is a nice attempt but realy needs some extra work.
    Unlike what xeod said i don't agree the area between content and footer is to small. In my firefox browser it is actualy to big ( waaaay to big ).

I like simple designs but there is not much design in this page. The banner is plain ( to plain ) and the tutsmag on the left side is ---- just there?

What you could do for instance is. Remove the blue banner with the grey line. Change the top font collor to blue and get yourself a nice small logo. Place it left of the tutsmag and put all links next to eachother. Center the tutsmag verticly in the banner area.

Just my 2 cents. I hope you like it.

ZoeF, Jul 16, 2013 IP
  8. EKworks

EKworks Member

Best Answers:
    I would change the host, its really slow for a small website

EKworks, Jul 16, 2013 IP