1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Switch the theme

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by TheDataPlanet.com, Jul 12, 2013.

I'm not sure about anyone else but I myself has been disappearing a lot since I was active on DP. It used to a very good looking forum but now it sucks. It appears to be a very amateur forum to me. But that's just me.

I just checked DP's traffic stats on Alexa.com and it is plummeting. People decides if a website is great or not in the first 10 seconds (usually even less) and the site design / typography plays a vital part in it. It doesn't look like a top webmaster forum, but a casual high school hang out or something.

People are into the looks. Good looks sell. And the current DP theme isn't it. But I might be wrong. Anyone with me?

TheDataPlanet.com, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I think it's a cleaner, less busy version of the previous theme, but that's just me. It reminds me of ... DP. I'm not sure what a webmaster site should look like (maybe they are supposed to look more like webmasterworld.com?), but DP's appearance has developed brand-association for me.

I wonder if we became so used to VB (as it's so common for webmaster/SEO sites) and this is the reason we all think DP looks so different and unlike most other similar topic sites since the move to XF?

To make it easier for your eyes, have you thought of using an extensions such as this? I use it for some sites that annoy my eyes (usually ones with a black background). You can change colours and typography. Albeit, it's a bit limited, there are other extensions available though to help apply your own CSS, too, per site.

ryan_uk, Jul 13, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and robbydeletter like this.
  3. robbydeletter

robbydeletter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't disagree more.
    It's xenforo based and ok it looks different but it's much cleaner and much easier.
    Vbulletin is no comparision. I'm very surprised off your remarque.
    Maybe it is because you are to familiar with older forum software.

robbydeletter, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  4. crazybuoy

crazybuoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Personally, I also like new theme. According to my point of view, here are some good things:

You can examine the worth of any member by seeing the things listed below its ID.
    You can reach to any page of your profile from drop down menu available on any page, so no need to go through two or three pages.
    Reply box has easier, simpler and faster features. You can see your reply published at the same time.
    More advanced search options.

And there are some things missing in new theme. These are:
    Feature of exporting PMs or conversations to text file is not available now.
    Feature of show personal website link along with ID is not available now.

But overall, it is great theme.
    [​IMG]

crazybuoy, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  5. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    it's not gonna happen,.. Admin already confirm this (just read in other thread)

robyries, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  6. crazybuoy

crazybuoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Which thing is wrong from my above post.?

I also would like to mention 2 other things, missig in new theme. These are:

The time-zone used in forum is not shown at the end of page that was available in previous theme.
    You can not see whether a member is online or offline that is very important to know sometimes.

crazybuoy, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  7. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think he was responding to OP.
    There is few suggestion to change the theme and the owner already gave the answer. I would like to share the URL here but I believe you should better search it by yourself and read lots of useful info on the way. :)

Arick unirow, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Typically users already know what time zone they are in.

digitalpoint, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  9. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm agree with it.
    Time Zone is very important for blogger and anyone whom using online activities.
    I live in GMT+7 and uses three clocks to make my life easier.
    Snap 2013-07-15 at 03.27.19.jpg
    I use it for server management and Advertising purposes.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    Arick unirow, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  10. TheDataPlanet.com

TheDataPlanet.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for the replies. It's probably because I was away for quite some time. I just need to get used to all this. But still, if we can find some designer to work a more-unique theme based from the current, that would be more brand-associated.

TheDataPlanet.com, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  11. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

It took me a couple days to get used to the new format, so you're not alone. Before this forum, I never even heard of Xenforo, now, it seems like, it's something everyone is switching to.

qwikad.com, Jul 21, 2013 IP