1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EMD on other domain extensions

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Ruriko, Jul 10, 2013.

Does EMD work on other domain extensions such as .me, .nu etc... or they only work on com/net/org?

Ruriko, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  2. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you google About me you will see a good example of EDM
    first result is www.about.me.
    Might answer your question.

Helge Sverre, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  3. Ruriko

Ruriko Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about keywords without including "me"? do they still rank well like the .com?

Ruriko, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  4. PocketAces.TV

PocketAces.TV Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exact match domains will rank well. If you're competing with the established .com, don't expect to out rank it but focus on your site and yes, emd's in other extension will rank. Try to stick with ccTLD incl .me, .co, .tv but not getting too obscure ie.. .cc, .vc, .ws

PocketAces.TV, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  5. webguy2013

webguy2013 Peon

Best Answers:
    EMD's are losing their benefit gradually. They are still beneficial for the time being but not as much as they were before, and if I'm reading between the lines correctly google plans to implement other changes that will limit the benefit of EMD's further. Although it might help you a bit now to have an EMD, I'd focus on the other factors more for a long term project: Good Content, Good Backlinks. Also if the EMD's for your keyword are all taken for primary extensions (org, net, com) then most likely you're going into an over saturated niche anyways and might want to consider going in a different direction.

webguy2013, Jul 12, 2013 IP