1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Video Tutorials as a Way to Drive Traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by JohnApuna, Jul 9, 2013.

Hi, I recently created my own personal blog and I want to start creating video tutorials for people to easily be able to re-create anything I do on my own blog.

Have you created video tutorials before? How did it help in terms of traffic? Was it worth the time of creating the videos? Do you have examples? thanks

JohnApuna, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  2. Branko Zecevic

Branko Zecevic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't get you examples, because I don't create videos often!
    I have only couple of them on my blog!
    But, for sure videos will help you to connect with people better!
    You should probably see lower bounce rate!
    Don't try to be perfect! Just do it and test it! Results will be positive!:)

Branko Zecevic, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  3. dsmpub

dsmpub Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have created a video tutorials for my clients and it does work. People prefer video over text. Watching videos is easier and more enjoyable than reading how-to articles. If you post video tutorials on your site or blog, you'll get more traffic and backlinks. Your bounce rate will decrease. This is a great way to make your content go viral.

dsmpub, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  4. JohnApuna

JohnApuna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @branko, what software did you use to create the videos?

JohnApuna, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What is it you actually do or what are the videos of? Certain modalities suit various demographics etc.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  6. JohnApuna

Best Answers:
    @Nigel, as I experiment and find different/unique ways to drive traffic and market a website online, Ill use video tutorials to illustrate these methods and techniques

JohnApuna, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  7. impal_guru

impal_guru Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, videos work great. But make sure you are not creating the crap.

impal_guru, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  8. ReferralCandy

ReferralCandy Member

Best Answers:
    Hey John!

Yup videos can definitely work for you if they're done properly. What kind of tutorials are you gonna be doing? If it's something techy, tech-noobs will definitely appreciate a walk-through video of accomplishing a task as opposed to reading step-by-step tutorials that require them to hunt around for the relevant keys and buttons as well. Lots of things are better via video, whereas some can just be done as effectively by step-by-step tutorials. So it really depends on what content you're looking to produce! Then you'd be able to better gauge whether it's worth the effort :)

ReferralCandy, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  9. Branko Zecevic

Best Answers:

I use screencastomatic to create videos! It's a free tool and you
    don't need to download anything! Just go to their site!
    I can also recommend sparkol!
    It's a paid service (somewhere around 20 or 30 $ a month; I can't remember).
    If you can afford that, then you can create awesome videos
    in very short period.

Branko Zecevic, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  10. JohnApuna

Best Answers:
    @branko, thanks for the tip. Ive actually heard of screencastomatic. Ill start there.

JohnApuna, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  11. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've never done this but I think it would be a great way to give massive value and attract people to your site for free.

ninjamtlt1, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  12. Branko Zecevic

Best Answers:
    @JohnApuna You're welcome! Awesome choice!
    Glad I can help! :)

Branko Zecevic, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  13. wzn888

wzn888 Member

Best Answers:
    video is one of the best ways to drive traffic,it's a good idea,once you finished,better upload to other video sharing sites as well to gain more exposure,this will also help you to get traffic

wzn888, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  14. rbates

rbates Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The problem with "Screen-O-Matic" is that they put a watermark on your final product.
    But for a totally professional look, I don't want ads for other products or services (unless I am getting a commission) on my web site, and especially not on my videos.

There is a totally free screen capture tool (both screen capture and audio) called Jing. It is
    put out by the same people who make Camtasia. You first make presentation slides using
    powerpoint or some other presentation software (Open Office does this), then you can use
    Jing to record the screen presentation. You can do a voiceover if you have a microphone.
    Some computers have a microphone built-in, or you can buy one. If you are going to do much
    video recording it would be a good idea just to buy a decent microphone. They are not very
    expensive.

Yet another option is to use an online program called Pow-Toons. This creates a cartoon-ish type
    of video, but is really eye-catching and fun to watch if done correctly. If you use the free version,
    then they will put their mark at the end of the video. It is only a few dollars to get the video
    without their information. There are also other places that you can go to make videos online.
    All of these "Free" sites will put their "Signature" at the end, and they should as you are not
    paying for it.

rbates, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  15. JohnApuna

Best Answers:
    screencast-o-matic actually doesn't have watermark if you upgrade to the pro version for $15. So its not a bad deal. I went ahead and purchased it. Ill let you know how it goes

JohnApuna, Jul 13, 2013 IP