1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rackspace experiences, do you have any?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by s.molinari, Jul 9, 2013.

Hi,

we are looking hard at Rackspace for our new project and pretty much have decided to go with them. However, I'd like to hear if anyone else uses their service and how it was or is, good or bad.

Scott

s.molinari, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I haven't personally used them, but I have a few friends that have, and they've been fairly happy with them.

digitalpoint, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  3. s.molinari

s.molinari Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shawn. I've been also reading up on other sites about RS and the general tone seems to be positive. I was hoping to also get some first hand experiences here.

I've had only positive experiences with them myself and I am not even really a full blown customer. For instance, I wrote a post in their forum complaining about their high traffic pricing and it being a hinderance for me choosing them as my hosting solution. The CEO actually came in and answered the question (RS is a billion $ company BTW!!!) and a week or two later the prices were changed and they were much better compared to what they were. For instance $0.18 to $0.12 per GB and they also added bulk pricing. So the more traffic you have, the better the price. The best price being $0.05 per GB.

I doubt highly they made the changes just for me or because of my complaining alone, but they were smart enough to use my complaint to make public their new pricing and the CEO himself answered. I was impressed.

Scott

s.molinari, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  4. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Atleast it was his account they used ;) But anyhow I had an account there a while back and was also happy with their service.

Sensei.Design, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  5. hostmedia

hostmedia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Rackspace are one of the major hosting service providers that many do recommend but you are paying more with Rackspace but the quality in their service is very high. I would say they are a safe bet.

hostmedia, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  6. compevo

compevo Member

Best Answers:
    I must advise that we are competitors of them, but honestly speaking, we've only heard great things about them. We have heard their pricing is on the higher end though, but no complaints other than that and simply top-notch feedback, even amongst our own clients.

compevo, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  7. s.molinari

s.molinari Member

Best Answers:
    You can't knock a competitor, who speaks well about its own competition.;) Thanks for the reply!

Scott

s.molinari, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  8. compevo

compevo Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Scott, we like to keep things honest and professional.
    Good luck with your search no matter who you choose.

compevo, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  9. s.molinari

s.molinari Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure we'll be going with Rackspace. I guess I am searching for certainty, which I'll probably never get, because the uncertainty lies with me too.:) RS fills our needs very well on all levels. They also have proven they live by their support mantra "fanatical support". I also want to build a "customer company" like theirs, so that is another reason I want to go with them. We think alike!;)

Scott

s.molinari, Jul 15, 2013 IP
  10. compevo

compevo Member

Best Answers:
    I was in the same position years ago, looking for certainty, guarantees and the most for my money. Rackspace is a company I considered. I ended up going with a provider local to me in the end.

Rackspace seems to do it all very very well, especially for those new to hosting/servers and the only complaint I've seen is pricing.

compevo, Jul 15, 2013 IP