1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Host suspended me because I moved to a new host and..

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Xassor, Jun 30, 2013.

TOS: https://ushost247.com/terms.php

I broke nothing in their TOS. I moved from their host because they changed the date of my next renewal. I renewed my hosting on March 29th. (I pay Semi-Annually) It should have said September but instead it said June. I mention about it to them at least twice and they said they would fix it. I waited for a few days and nothing changed or was fixed so I simply moved hosts. They found out and suspended me and banned my ip from the host completely.

The host I was on though refused to give me a refund. Even though they was never planning in the first place to give me the full 6 months I paid for. So can I take any legal actions agasint the host I was on?

Proof of payment: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33awjnb&s=5
    Proof of incorrect renewal date: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ns0rnm&s=5

Xassor, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  2. submit_articles

submit_articles Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a petty amount. Just move on.

submit_articles, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think what submit_articles means is that the cost of your first meeting with your lawyer will exceed the $26 they owe you.

Obviously you can go to a lawyer and you can take legal action but you have to decide the value of pursuing it against the cost.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    sarahk, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  4. submit_articles

Best Answers:
    Yup. That's exactly what I meant. Learned early that it's just isn't worth pursuing such a small sum of money. Years ago have had my hosting account cancelled too. Never got back a cent, and never heard from the hosting company again. No use kicking up a bucket. I just let it go.

There are some reliable hosting companies if you look around. Been with hostmonster and hostgator for ages now. Try them out.

submit_articles, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  5. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with these guys, however it is more principle that the host did not give what you paid for. Just make sure you get them bad reviews on Web Hosting Talk if you feel you are unhappy with their service.

Original Hosting, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  6. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with above, unfair business should be reported and WHT is the best place to do so

IG2010, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I wonder if the OP checked that site before buying? does anyone?

sarahk, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  8. Original Hosting

Best Answers:
    Most people that are simply looking for hosting with no experience can be easily taken in by these companies who can often post fake reviews. My advice to anyone would be to check reviews before buying from any hosting company. I would also encourage you to add your own review - the more the merrier.

Jordan

9. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As said, better go for a $9.90 shared hosting from a reputable compnay than going for cheap stuff from an unknown company

IG2010, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  10. Original Hosting

Best Answers:
    Yep, I mean I am all legit and my smallest plan is £2.00 a month - so it does come cheap and price doesn't reflect as much but it is still worth doing your research on the company.

11. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed, share hosting is just as dark as worm hole, you can go for a £2.00 monthly fee and be in heaven and indeed go for a £9.90 plan and end up having nightmare. At the end it's down to what you want to do with your package

IG2010, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  12. Original Hosting

Best Answers:
    And the hosting company too, I'd always advice checking support, features such as databases and also what control panel is used.

13. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    write a review and post it on webhostingtalk.com - Nearly all of these hosting companies have executives there and in many instances, you will likely get a public response from the company quickly.

Regarding a refund, I believe that it is outside of the limits set by paypal, however, drop them a line, and call your bank and see what options are available.
    In the last 2 years, I have seen HUNDREDS of scams start, grow, vanish, over and over. Most of these scammers are typically kids with a reseller account with no legitimate company name, and generally start up their 'companies' during the school holidays. I have heard of people as low as 14 years old running web hosting companies (how they got past paypal is beyond me)

You need to learn to pick a solid company, that is an actual company.

matt_62, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  14. Original Hosting

Best Answers:
    I have heard exactly the same story about the kids with reseller accounts Matt! I waited until I was 16 in order to register as a UK sole trader and always keep records of bank accounts and really take care of my accounts. It seems that this younger generation are damaging genuine younger business owner's reputations like my self's.

15. mrgilb

mrgilb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Charge it back on your credit card.

No lawyer required.

I usually win too.

mrgilb, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  16. submit_articles

Best Answers:
    That works too. Not sure if he can do it. If he pays from Paypal balance, then perhaps he's out of luck.

Hey, maybe some kind soul here can give him a good hosting deal.

submit_articles, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  17. mrgilb

mrgilb Active Member

Best Answers:

I always pay my paypal payments with credit card. It takes a second but you just have to change the funding source for the transaction. Paypal prefers your balance or bank account cause they make more money in the transaction compared to a credit card.

mrgilb, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  18. stelthius

stelthius Member

Best Answers:
    For the $27 is it worth chasing up the legal action side of things? more costs more headache and such, grab a post on WHT let the public see what they did and they will feel the toll of that. Sorry for your bad experience.

stelthius, Jul 12, 2013 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  19. Original Hosting

Best Answers:
    Xassor, shoot me a message with your budget. I can't support semi annual payment but can try my best to give you a good deal.

Original Hosting, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  20. webdire

webdire Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup as everyone said it isnt worth taking legal action for this amount of money. However, its good thing you posted this thread as it will be helpful for others who are looking to buy services from this webhost. Also if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, try Webhostingpad. They are good for hosting lite websites and cost just $2 a month or you can go with a reputed host like Hostgator too.

webdire, Jul 17, 2013 IP