1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why posts in ''Introductions'' section doesn't count as a post

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by VukasinI, Jul 11, 2013.

Why the posts in ''Introductions'' section doesn't count really as a posts? I mean if I can get a like in that section, that will of course count as a like, why the posts don't count... I know that isn't the section where there are some super stuffs arround and of course that in that section there would be no option for giving a best answer, but if I post there, it should be a counted as a post at least..

Solved! View solution.
    VukasinI, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  2. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because everyone will be there welcoming every member who joins boosting their post count.

It was a good idea excluding posts from being counted within that section

gkd_uk, Jul 11, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Arick unirow like this.
  3. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, same thing is happening with ''General Chat'' section, don't you think?? Threads like ''What colour is your toothbrush'' is just to boost your post count or all of those stupid jokes that you can find..

Arick unirow and ryan_uk like this.
  4. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, but it is more of a discussion, compared to 'hi welcome to DP' or 'welcome'

But I get your point

gkd_uk, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  5. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    One can use report post button for those types of threads (general forums as well as other forums).

DON.

deluxdon, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Personally i think a post should have a minimum word count for it to count towards your post count, something like 10 words minimum...and not just 10 random words, they actually have to make sense....

malky66, Jul 11, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and Arick unirow like this.
  7. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    That sounds interesting.. But I think it would be hard to implement it, right?

8. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know about the others but I think it is good to keep post number as low as possible. Instead of posts, member should focus to increase their 'likes' and 'best answer'. It will make them write very useful posts and not randomly come to any threads and write random thoughts.

DP has lots of members. One or few of them may offer job and good position in a company. The first thing they want to check is how great that person in term of skills and attitude. So, what do you think they will check? Off course our profile.

It is best to keep message count as low as possible and write only if it necessary or bring value to others. That way, people would think positive about us and DP will be better forum for anyone.

Last, I'm glad 'Introduction' didn't count our chat. It is used to welcome the other and what do you think the value of welcoming newly registered member for all existing member in this forum?:D

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    Arick unirow, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I believe DP's spell checker also does some basic grammar checking, so I took your sentence and re-arranged it, but the checker only found one error (the world implement, which it called a complex expression and advises a simpler world):

"That think sounds I it to would hard be it right But interesting implement?"

Clearly, there are more errors present. Even Word didn't realise it's a load of rubbish, despite (supposedly) having a good grammar checker. I found one online that did a better job of identifying some errors (http://spellcheckplus.com/), but not perfect. So quite hard, but not impossible.

ryan_uk, Jul 11, 2013 IP
    In my estimation that thread goes down as #1 in the DP Hall Of Shame as the worst thread ever. Last time I checked it had 275 replies such as :
    "My toothbrush is green". Next reply was,
    "Mine is yellow". Then we got,
    "Why you like yellow toothbrush?" And next was,
    "I used to have red one, now I do blue".
    My question is why didn't a mod take that thread out into a field and shoot it?:mad:

Anyway back to topic, greetings in Introduction forum usually consist of gems like "Welcome to DP" so best not to count those things.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Jul 11, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and Arick unirow like this.
  11. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The best spellchecker off course is native speaker.:D
    Relying in the program sometimes will result in 'looks good sentences' but not readable. By the way, thanks for your help in another thread. I like it.

Arick unirow, Jul 11, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  12. crazybuoy

crazybuoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

@gkd_uk, Yes, you are right.

I also notice that some members make 10s of posts in Introduction Section, just to increase their number of posts.

crazybuoy, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  13. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    HAHA, I have a nice laugh now, thanks dude.. I gave you the best answer, just to active that option little more..
    I guess that I have different opinion about ''Introductions'' section than the others.. Maybe I'm just not happy to see that some idiotic posts count actually as a posts, and some normal posts where someone welcoming other member don't..

ryan_uk likes this.
  14. VukasinI

Best Answers:
    Why you have need to be so stupid?? Posting in ''Introductions'' can't increase number of posts, that is the thread about.. Ahh, read first..

Spoiltdiva likes this.
  15. crazybuoy

crazybuoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:

Yes, it is good suggestion. But in this way, there should me another word-counts for post in other sections. To avoid complications, it is good to exclude posts from being counted from Introduction.

crazybuoy, Jul 11, 2013 IP