1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do u belive in God or Science?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by vjsinduja, Jun 14, 2009.

1. fissnoc

fissnoc Member

Best Answers:

Love this quote! Though I don't agree with everything George Carlin has to say, he makes a great point here. An all-loving, all-powerful God of the universe has no need for petty rules and he certainly doesn't need our help.
    And to wealthyprince, the Bible has no doubt been very transformative for many who have read it and understood it, but it does not affect all in this way. I hope we can all learn to accept the different ways God can reveal himself/itself through science, writing, and a whole host of other methods.

fissnoc, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  2. summerology

summerology Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe in Science but I also believe that there are some things we can't explain. I believe that there's someone out there who's got the higher power. I believe in GOD.

summerology, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  3. globalflex

globalflex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe in God. It seems to me the more refined science becomes the more it points to God... When you look at creation through the study of quantum physics it comes much closer to supporting Faith... Creation by the Word of God than a by chance circumstance. There was the Word and the Word was God.

globalflex, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  4. prashantban

prashantban Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ha ha ha.. I have had lots of conversations on this. I believe god exists. And he sees your every deeds....:)

prashantban, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  5. Mr. Beautiful

Mr. Beautiful Member

Best Answers:
    More like, I believe in a Scientific God :D :D

Mr. Beautiful, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  6. log0008

log0008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe both, I believe in events like the big bang but still have faith in god

log0008, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  7. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I get sick, I take pills. Science made those pills, praying my way out of simple illness would get me dead. I am baptized and all, but I don't believe in god and especially not in a religion. My mom considers herself a Christian, but she is modernized one. I'm not an ignorant or something, I know more about Christianity and Islam than an average "believer".

Some of my friends are Christians, some of my friends are Muslims. If I look through the history of my country and it's land, none of them would be Christians today if there wasn't crusades, killings and forcing Christianity into my area centuries ago... And none of them wouldn't be a Muslim today if Turkish armies on horses didn't steal children, rape women and violently force themselves in countries not so far away.

Yes religion teaches love and respect to each other... But I don't need religion to be good to other people and love those who mean something to me.

A part of my brain dies everytime someone says to me: "But who is our creator? Everything has a creator. I know the answer and you don't". Same kind of people were saying Earth is flat and witches exist and need to be haunted down. When Messi scores a goal, he thanks to God. Same second that he scores, 10 children die because they are starved to death. I guess God was watching football that time.

If religion didn't exist, we could explore galaxy by now for sure. So much of a progress lost... Automotive niche would be dead, we'd be all teleporting ourselves everywhere. The worst thing of a religion is, when religions laws are the same as countries laws. In some countries still women are being stoned to death for apostasy and some being hanged charged of witchcraft.

My 100$ bill...

MQSS, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  8. Mr. Beautiful

Mr. Beautiful Member

Best Answers:
    Uhhh, I'd put the blame on greedy politicians, bureaucrats, and other people who want to keep all the resources to themselves and make a quick buck. :D

9. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well when religion forced people to believe it was all created in 7 days, including humans... People stopped to explore because priests had all the answers for everything. Everything that wasn't known the answer was "God works in a mysterious way".
    And those who dared to question it and explore on their own, were quickly claimed as devil's seeds and were burned or hanged.
    I hate it when people say unbelievers shouldn't criticize religion, because religions criticize atheists. They will go to hell, they were born sinners, parents will go to hell because they aren't married and so on.
    They preach about modesty, Slovenian highest priest drives Mercedes CL55 AMG.
    There's no original Bible or Quran, they were both reproduced by people. There is no scientifically advanced statements in none of them, all information was out there before them and when it comes to Christianity vs. Islam, there's about 400 years of progress in favor of Christianity. I don't know a single Christian that wouldn't believe in evolution and I know many Muslims that say Allah tested human kind with putting dinosaur's fosils in the stones down below.

MQSS, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  10. Mr. Beautiful

Mr. Beautiful Member

Best Answers:

So do you believe guns kill people or people kill people?

You could substitute guns with religion.

People use religions or faiths to control people, which leads us back to the "Greedy politicians" :D

11. (BN)Nolan

(BN)Nolan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That wouldn't be politicians. Religious figures and politicians are totally different things. Religious figures can also be greedy. Look up the Scientology documentary on YouTube. They collect money and that's basically how you become enlightened and move up the ranks. It's sick and disgusting what some of these religions actually are and they're receiving tax breaks and are completely private.

(BN)Nolan, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  12. Arabule

Arabule Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not looking to argue with anyone at all.

But to comment quickly. The one who created your bills is human and his science/mastermind, that's correct, and the one who created bombs, guns, wars, politics, etc is also human and his science/mastermind, but you put the blame with this one on god . So your logic is contradictory. Probably your trying to convince yourself with what you want to convince yourself with this logic, but if you really think about it whether there is god or not, you logic is contradictory.

To the OP!

Why should the question be "Do you believe in god or science?", why not "Do you believe in god or science or both?"

Arabule, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  13. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, I don't blame god for bombs, guns, wars, politics. I blame people blindly believing in religion and make wars on behalf of ancient hippies and warlords.

Science says there is no god, god says pretty much nothing and if he created the world in 7 days, then I'm sure he pretty much doesn't believe in science, so you can't believe in both.

MQSS, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  14. Arabule

Best Answers:
    Glad you agree that people who are responsible for the most part of it. People can go to war in the name of peace, why would not they go to war in the name of religion or anything else :)

The idea is people heal people and people kill people!

That's a non factual/non proven claim, that's your belief and I respect it, but it is not a fact, and not what all sciences say. It depends on what scientific book or person you read. And depends more on what you want to believe.

Arabule, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  15. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which part of it is non proven? Science says evolution, god says creationism in 7 days, or something like that. Find me a scientific book that says something about resurrecting 3 days after death on cross, Allah, black stone, whatever. If you mean that other part about what god says... There really is no proof in my statement or yours and if one believes there's an invisible unicorn behind the first cloud up in the sky, he has the same number of strong evidence as your belief that god exists.

I like how you say "belief". That's the difference between science and religion. Belief vs. proof, science contains many proofs, religions contain none.

MQSS, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  16. robbydeletter

robbydeletter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe in God and sience.
    God has made sience possible.

robbydeletter, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  17. Arabule

Best Answers:
    Evolution, many scientists have disprove/dismiss the evolution "theory". It is a theory! Get your "scientific" facts correct and differentiate between a theory and between what is indeed proven fact!

I like how you say "belief". That's the difference between science and religion. Belief vs. proof, science contains many proofs, religions contain none.[/quote]

You believe in evolution although it is a theory driven by your believe it is a fact, you believe in science and science makes mistakes always :)

In the same manner my belief is backed by proofs and other things that can be proven or not.

See, it is not white or black as many including you would like to represent it or think about it:

Belief VS/Or Science
    White VS/Or Black

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, I am not looking to argue or convince anyone and get out of topic on an endless discussion. The point I wanted to make I already made:

People heal people in the name of love, kindness, RELIGION and GOD, and people kill people in the name of hate, revenge, RELIGION and GOD, but in the first one you gave the credit for people and in the second one you gave the credit to religion and god, it is contradictory.

Have a nice day/night!

Arabule, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  18. MQSS

MQSS Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't know what a theory and scientific theory are, but I will enlighten you.

Scientific theory is made through observation, experiments, there is a BIG difference between a word "theory" in general and a word "scientific theory". How we get to scientific theory?

1st level: Hypothesis - naked statement chosen to explain something without even a search for evidence (this is where religion stands).
    2nd level: Scientific hypothesis - same as hypothesis, but can be tested.
    3rd level: Theory - Explained hypothesis with some evidence and material for research.
    4th level: Scientific theory (where evolution stands), has been tested repeatedly, is accepted and is a result of those numerous test, observation and evidence. Some things can't be a proven fact just yet, it's like same thing that you can't prove your parents are your real parents. I'm sure two out of a 10 billion people can share the same DNA, so it's a chance you were switched.

And a quote for you: "Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge." Show me a relevant scientist that doesn't believe in evolution and doesn't live in a cave if Middle East.

Good day :D

MQSS, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  19. Arabule

Best Answers:

And my reply to you: Theory or Scientific Theory or Super Super theory is still a theory and not proven facts :)

There are many and if you really do not know them, then do not pretend to be scientific man. In fact you killed your argument by your stating this.

Also, one of the firsts to make it obligatory in science for conclusions (Theories) to be built on experiments and observations is a middle eastern man, surely not a cave man. But thank you for using the word cave, it is what made me reply, and it tells more about you :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    Arabule, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  20. globalflex

globalflex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True... look and see what Einstein thought.... Imagination is more powerful than science and could not be attributed to a scientific mind. It was something that was beyond his mind.

globalflex, Jul 11, 2013 IP