1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics alternatives

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by webinsane, Apr 28, 2013.

From time to time I catch Google Analytics showing results that are not 100% accurate.

This is the case true especially if you run other Google services combined. Last year I started using few other alternatives just to see the "secondary view" behind my stats.

I used Piwik for some sites and Clicky on other as alternative. On many cases my customers find Google Analytics confusing while Clicky is becoming their most loved data view for simple website stats. Piwik on other hand is nice and free, but it requires installation on your server (using resources oh high volume websites).

All together I do suggest experimenting with other analytical data, it might provide you with some data that could be missed in GA.

Let me know if you used other resources because I love to experiment.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    webinsane, Apr 28, 2013 IP
    Clive likes this.
  2. webinsane

webinsane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think I mentioned Piwik as one of the two alternatives...people never read :)

webinsane, Apr 30, 2013 IP
  3. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am using histats,sitemeter as well. Piwik is free but it not possible for any stats website to tell which stats is 100% correct.

humtuma, May 1, 2013 IP
  4. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you ask mi ....I will refer GA. My experience with GA is very good. But you need to sure that your GA code is properly on page. Here are some points you need to follow for GA.

Source - Google Analytics

MayurKawale, May 1, 2013 IP
  5. MingoFanty

MingoFanty Peon

Best Answers:
    It's becoming commonplace for browsers / people / addons to block the Google Analytics tracking request. Curiously, Google Analytics does not honor the "Do Not Track" request.

Also, when you compare report data between multiple analytics packages the numbers will always be different. This is caused by different visitor tracking methods, visit calculation logic, filters, etc.

MingoFanty, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  6. phpLimited

phpLimited Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Piwik is great but it appears to be slowly. I use w3counter - It is highly recommended :)

Kind regards

phpLimited, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  7. Satyendra Kumar Singh

Satyendra Kumar Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    woopra is also good tool to track visitors. try it

Satyendra Kumar Singh, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  8. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use Statcounter , Its easy to use & 90% Accurate.

OSSEO, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  9. Wordpress Design

Wordpress Design Member

Best Answers:
    StatCounter is a solid alternative but there is no reason to search for alternatives.. Google Analytics is best.

Wordpress Design, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  10. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I really like Piwik because it is a self-hosted analytics platform (although they do offer a hosted cloud service as well). It uses PHP and MySQL and can be installed on any hosting platform that will support WordPress and similar software. You don’t need your own server; it’ll run fine in shared hosting. You should check out their site http://piwik.org/ or this post that covers it in a bit more depth. http://www.wiredtree.com/blog/an-introduction-to-the-piwik-analytics-platform/ Hope this helps.

SlimCharles47, Mar 20, 2014 IP