1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The reason why I am on other forums rather than DP

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Original Hosting, Jul 9, 2013.

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a little rant, but I just wanted to get across why I am on other forums rather than DP.

I understand many forums have limits in order to stop spammers, but just for your info I am not a spammer. I am still a bit annoyed at how much I worked for the signature and posting rights in certain forums and then BAM the rules change and I have done all of that work for nothing. I am mainly on this forum for the Buy, Sell or Trade part and when I cannot have permission to post there then there is no point in me coming here.

Just wondered if it is possible to have permissions assigned to my account? I have a contest waiting which will benefit members with a "freebie" as well as some paid contests as I need designers.

Jordan

Original Hosting, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  3. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Shawn,

I am not trying to argue here, but in my opinion this is a catch 22. If no current established members like my posts or other's posts and then become inactive the forum will never have any established members. I have not received one like as of yet and I do not spam and try to post the best content as possible. To be honest I really do like this forum and it is unique - however you seem to have implemented a cache 22.

Jordan

Original Hosting, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If it was like that from day one, then sure... but the reality is that the first day the rule was implemented, there was more than 16,000 established users since the old rep was migrated to likes... and as it is now, more users become established each day than the established users that stop visiting. So your potential pool from who can help you get established is actually growing each day.

digitalpoint, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  5. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Jordan, well Premium Membership is the right solution for you.. You say that you are unable to get three likes, but if you purchase Premium Membership you will have more access then we who have 3 likes and more.. If you don't have money or don't want to do this, you can always change your attitude and start posting something that will bring you likes.. There are some members who post some useful tips on how to easily get 3 likes..My best advice is to try to be funny, it brings me ton of likes..

VukasinI, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  6. Original Hosting

Best Answers:
    I was very reluctant to buy premium at first due to its cost, however I thought of the advantages to paying for the community to stay afloat and also the advantages to myself. Thanks guys and sorry about the rant :)

Original Hosting, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  7. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome back to community. :)
    I'm glad you decide to get Premium Membership.
    I wish you could stay in this forum more often than the others.:oops:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    Arick unirow, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  8. Original Hosting

Best Answers:
    Just created my first ever domain sale on DP :)

9. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    I hope you success with your sale.
    Here are few things you can do:
    1. You have three likes so you can use signature (if you like it - wait for few hours until system recognize it).
    2. I recommend you to select the 'Best Answer' to one of any posts in this thread so other member whom having the same problem could find the answer. It is up to you to choose the best answer (don't select me as I didn't as helpful in this thread. How about second post?).
    3. Enjoy this forum. Congratulation for getting three likes. It seems more members really like you. :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  10. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well isn't that just typical, he goes and buys premium membership and the very same day gets 3 likes and becomes established..:rolleyes:

malky66, Jul 10, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    I think he is the only member in DP which buy Premium Membership and suddenly get three likes in the same day.:oops:

I think all members whom benefit from this forum should buy Premium Membership. It not only cool but show the others if he/she is serious to do some business. That is why I recommend anyone to get Premium Membership whenever they could buy it.

I think he just lucky.:D

12. Original Hosting

Best Answers:
    I was thinking exactly the same Malky! :)

13. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    I think that you made a right decision with buying a premium membership.. I think I should try it once..

BusinessMaker, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  14. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    One very good benefit I think for someone like yourself is being able to bump a thread more regularly (I see you run a hosting company, so I guess you will have an offer thread). If I was in your situation, I would most definitely go for premium membership, too. I'm more into buying stuff though (usually services).

ryan_uk, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  15. Original Hosting

Best Answers:
    Not made an offer thread as of yet, will make one when I get chance though. I love knowing that I am more of a contribution to the running costs of DP too now.

16. Sev7en

Sev7en Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ohh i understand you.. I remembered this one: "We're not in this for the fast money. Really, what we want is to be part of this industry." Cheers.

Sev7en, Jul 11, 2013 IP