1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can This Happen?

Discussion in 'Google' started by denrans, Jul 8, 2013.

I have a site that has been rated a PR4 for over a year with no back links of any kind. No Citation Flow, No Trust Flow yet it is a verified PR4.

How can that happen?

denrans, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  2. tbtb

tbtb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR has no meaning unless the domain got quality natural high PR backlinks.
    This domain most probably got its PR from redirection (which called fake PR) or the backlinks got deleted.
    Either way, such domain has zero SEO value (or even negative value if it got manipulated) and the PR will reduce next PR update.

tbtb, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  3. denrans

denrans Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response tbtb!

I thought the same things as you mentioned, however when I use rankchecker dot com, it validates the PR4 rating as "valid". Also, I keep expecting the PR to drop but it has been a PR4 for over a year now. You would think that if was a initially a redirected URL that it would have been updated by now.

I also agree that it has no SEO value without substantiated back links, but I am really curious how this domain has remained at a validated PR4 for this long.

denrans, Jul 8, 2013 IP
  4. sunil_gupta20801

sunil_gupta20801 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Would you mind sharing the domain also here so that anyone else can also confirm if pagerank is natural or fake?

sunil_gupta20801, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  5. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Share the domain so that we can confirm the same. Page Rank is not assigned to a site with no backlinks or citations or unless it is a microsite from an authoritative source or business or might be that you have bought a domain which was already existing and was expired after a use.

rankwatch.com, Jul 10, 2013 IP