1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The KIng of Rock N Roll

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by Revelations-Decoder, Jul 9, 2013.

So Elvis Presley is The King of Rock N Roll and don't get me wrong I have been a life long fan, but don't you think Little Richard deserves the title as Emperor of Rock N Roll, if Elvis was the King of Rock N Roll, as Oh My GOSH Little Richard was the Daddy don't you think?

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  2. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with you there. It probably goes back even further to Chuck Berry.

ViolentAJ, Jul 9, 2013 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

This is true!

But what do we call Chuck Berry then if Elvis is the King of Rock N Roll and Little Richard is the Emperor of Rock N Roll, the grand master, the uncle, the grand daddy, the Demi God or what?

There maybe many a song that was a tribute to Chuck Berry and nobody realised it, or even grasped the influence, if we look at things in depth...

Revelations-Decoder, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  4. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe Chuck Berry can be one of the "Founding Fathers" of Rock and Roll.

Elvis will always be King as long as the mainstream media says so though. I respect Elvis, but I believe that others such as Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, and others also deserve recognition.

ViolentAJ, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  5. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

"Founding Fathers" of Rock and Roll I like the sound of that! I agree RE Elvis he is brilliant and as I said I have always been a fan. In fact I felt sorry for Elvis in many ways to as he was a victim of blackmail by his manager due to an accident he had in 1955 whilst driving a truck/lorry that was kept sercet and held over him in order to manipulate him for years, but have always also loved Little Richard and considered his Rock N Roll the daddy of Rock N Roll music.

I find it annoying that our English group Oasis call themselves the greatest Rock N Roll group these days, when I have never heard them play a "Rock N Roll" track ever. I certainly can't imagine teddy boys and teddy girls jiving or doing any other dances to Oasis LOL.

I expect I will have annoyed any Oasis fans reading that, so good job there is no neg rep function these days LOL :)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    Revelations-Decoder, Jul 10, 2013 IP
  6. BusinessMaker

BusinessMaker Member

Best Answers:
    I love listening to Elvis, sometimes I even can spend whole day listening just Elvis.. I used to listen Little Richard before, but I don't know why, lately I really didn't hear a lot from him..

BusinessMaker, Jul 10, 2013 IP