1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who has a love for poker?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by zball24, Jul 4, 2013.

I have been playing poker for the past 5-6 years and am a profitable player. I have basically read every book that exist, was even coached by a few great players that are professionals.

I have been trying to find backers/stakers and am having a hard time finding them. Anyone else have the same problem? Anyone have connections?

Besides that, who loves poker as much as I do?

zball24, Jul 4, 2013 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah I love poker but I am primarily a cash game player. Got hooked on it after winning the first pub tournament that I played.

dcristo, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  3. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No matter how good you are, you still gonna lose your money.. It's an addiction, same as drug is..

VukasinI, Jul 6, 2013 IP
  4. zball24

zball24 Active Member

Best Answers:

That was a terrible reply. Of course you can lose money, but skilled players will win in the long run over the donks and new players. It is people like you that make the game profitable :)

zball24, Jul 6, 2013 IP
    crazy4warez and dcristo like this.
  5. nzschollar

nzschollar Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I used to play all the time, while it was fun it wasn't profitable for me.

nzschollar, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  6. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Like most things it takes a big commitment to consistently win at poker. But if that takes away from the fun aspect of the game, it kinda defeats the whole point of playing. Generally that doesn't happen, though, since you tend to like learning things you're passionate about.

dcristo, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  7. zball24

zball24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are drop dead gorgeous. Just thought you would like to know that :) , anyway.. Poker is a great game to play and socialize in. The psychology of it is deep and probably 30% of the game. I have read tons of books on just the psychology.

I have played in a few large tournaments around the U.S including some of the smaller WSOP events, Chicago Classic, and of course my hometown , Mount Pleasant. They have a pretty large 3 day tournament called the Heartland Poker Tournament.

zball24, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  8. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    What's been your biggest tournament cash?

dcristo, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  9. crazy4warez

crazy4warez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I learnt Poker a few months back and I'm lovin' it so much that now I play it everyday. Sometimes for cash on Poker sites and sometimes for fun. I'm still in learning stages, but I have learned one thing, that is, if you have cash to buy in and heart to bet and play tight, it can be really really profitable. In fact, it is a profession for many people. If you are good at it, it will bring in cash in long run. Being emotionally sound and having good control on mind and heart, and are key qualities of a good Poker player. Playing Poker for cash is illegal in my country and not many people here play it, so I haven't had the experience to play it face to face on a table and enjoy its thrills. However, whenever I get an opportunity, I'd surely love to play in live, face to face.

crazy4warez, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  10. zball24

zball24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My biggest cash in an online tournament was $8,000. I have made around 30k a few summers ago when pokerstars was still open to the USA. I have since then invested all of my winnings into college and rent which completely sucks. I have cashed in the tons of live tournaments ranging from $500 - $3000.

I have been looking for a backer to get my bankroll back up to where i want it to play larger stakes, where I am very good at. But I have been having a tough time finding one. I am seeking a bankroll of about $5,000 allowing me to play $100 SNG (Double or Nothings) along with large MTT's. I have amazing stats on sharkscope but yet still no luck on finding a partner to back me up.

zball24, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  11. mike_jones87

mike_jones87 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use to play a fair bit but I find I dont have enough time anymore :( !

mike_jones87, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  12. zball24

zball24 Active Member

Best Answers:

Yeah it can be time consuming, but I used to do it almost full time, but college came around and then a minimum wage job as well :(

zball24, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  13. Best SEO Link Seller

Best SEO Link Seller Member

Best Answers:
    I love poker and i usually play online poker games and i mostly spend my lot of time to play such games.

Best SEO Link Seller, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  14. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'd say many backers would be reluctant because they have to ask themselves "why does he need a backer if he is a profitable player?". That said, I can understand how situations arise where you would need someone to stake you for all or part of the roll to lessen your risk. Why don't you play cash games for a more immediate source of income?

dcristo, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  15. zball24

zball24 Active Member

Best Answers:

90% of poker pros are staked or backed for everything they do. Just because you are a profitable player doesn't mean you shouldn't be staked. Think about it, Some semi pros get backed about 50k a year to go play in so many tournaments per year. They pay the backer 50% and keep the rest for a risk free bankroll. As long as you perform well, your backers will stay contracted with you. There are issues where people run into where they can't provide a bankroll themselves, or just don't do it due to the fact your risking it all. Especially when you move up in stakes, I rather get staked a few million to win multi millions. One thing goes wrong and I lose my whole stack, backer is at loss not you. Backers take the risk , and that is the business they live day to day.

zball24, Jul 9, 2013 IP