1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bored?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by scott2342, Jul 7, 2013.

1. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I definitely went off the beaten track. Sure, mostly tourist in St Petersburg, but in Moscow I experienced all different kinds of areas (but never felt unsafe). I stayed in a "village" (by Russian standards, but a decent-sized town by UK standards ~70,000 population), which was awesome and incredibly safe. Sometimes when you see a Russian village it's like a step back in time, but they are safe, friendly communities and always excited to meet an English speaking foreigner (especially children, it's so sweet!). We stopped by Nizhny Novgorod and Suzdal, too. They are both tourist places, too, although not on Moscow or St Petersburg scale of course and a bit more for Russians. Suzdal was during the winter, so most of the tourists were Russians. The local alcohol was great. (A kind of honey beer, but there were other drinks too that we had.)

ryan_uk, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  2. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, you've given me a total different view on Russia. Maybe it's worth a longer visit than just the tourist spots. Normally when i ask about it i get such comments as "Russia, you want to stay away from that place, very corrupt"...

Be good to read more of your experience

scott2342, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, corrupt Russia used to be a problem for tourists (like you would need to pay some bribes to the police, not speak English when they were around), but that was maybe 20 years ago. These days, they just don't care (I guess it was bad for business). My uncle worked there for many years and loved it, found it the most friendly place he had ever been to. He once got arrested, but released without charge (they thought a bank note he had was fake, but it was proven to be legitimate). That was one incident in about ten years, so not bad going really.

ryan_uk, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Don't get too excited, he's a penguin. The rest of his experience is freezing on an iceberg with his fellow tuxedo wearers.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jul 7, 2013 IP
  5. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess people always have that view but i'm also guessing its people who have never been to russia.

Hmm right i forgot but if he knows that happy feet then i'm down.

scott2342, Jul 7, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  6. stevesj

stevesj Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    never bored in my life.we have some responsibilities, duties and obligations.so we are engaged in day today duties.in this time never feel in bore.

stevesj, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  7. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm so every single day your busy? You've never thought to yourself that i'm bored what can i do?? Never had to wait for a report to come through or any kind of work until you can start again. Never have to wait around until something is done?

scott2342, Jul 28, 2013 IP