1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple facebook pages for one website

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by qasimbilal, Jun 18, 2013.

Hi

I have multiple facebook pages (total 8) for single website. I have created a separate page for each category. Now i want to know that is it a good technique? or i have to use a single page to promote my website's content?
    Is there a chance that search engines consider my posts as spam?

Thank you

qasimbilal, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  2. income_by_internet

income_by_internet Member

Best Answers:
    mmmmmmm thats great topic dear but i think make 1 page and put good attractive timeline about your company or product or or ........ at the same time make also special group with the same attractive photo & you can re post the important posts again but not more wish that may help :) you can use good site about covers callin firstcovers.com

income_by_internet, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  3. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If some one complain as duplicate page, pages removed from fb. 1 page is good for all.

humtuma, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  4. Tarissa

Tarissa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely having 8 pages for one website is too much. There is no way I'd click on them all or probably like any of them, not to mention the hassle it must be for you to update them all. If I saw a business that had 8 Facebook pages I would immediately think they didn't know what they were doing or how to use social media.

My advice is to just stick to the one page about your business.

Tarissa, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  5. sharondzouza

sharondzouza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are pros and cons to each scenario. Pros are multiple pages allows for a larger brand footprint and also allows for niche marketing/conversations. Cons are to maintain multiple pages additional resources are required and conversations may be lost. The pros of multiple facebook overweigh the cons.

sharondzouza, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  6. Techquester

Techquester Member

Best Answers:
    I personally recommend you create a single page and post on it consistently and engage your visitors on a single page, make sure to post a link of your website on every post that you have posted, so that your website also gets promoted too...Dealing with 8 pages is time taking and you might not concentrate on all the pages. If you have one page, you can focus on the content that you have on your page.
    www.techquester.com

Techquester, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  7. mahesh2050

mahesh2050 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    one page is good to get good traffic

mahesh2050, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  8. Katastrophe67

Katastrophe67 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think 8 pages is overdoing it. I use my Facebook a LOT. I can tell you from experience that if I see more than 1 page for a company, I ignore the company, if I saw 8, that would be a definite ignore, not a way to get me to click on or like your website.

Think about it, you wouldn't hand a person 8 business cards with your company name and a single detail on each card. You would hand them 1 business card with a few points about your company, site, whatever it is you are trying to get them to look at.

Katastrophe67, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  9. alexandrubitca

alexandrubitca Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was managing a SMM strategy for a local news company, and the person before me made about 15 fb pages for each talk show, news journal and so one. The pages had no relevant insights. So I got rid of more than a half of these pages and kept just those who satisfied the parameters of brands. The useless pages are now included in a single one and it's doing just great.
    The single advise I can give on this query is that you make separate pages for just those products/categories which are really worth it and that can surely stand alone because they are brands.

alexandrubitca, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  10. OM.SEOExpert

OM.SEOExpert Banned

Best Answers:
    I think one Facebook page is best because:
    1. Make professional page by social media experts or digital marketing company
    2. You can give more attention
    3. You can run paid companion and more invest on page
    4. Be always active member
    5. Get more likes
    6. You can post regularly because you have many categories
    7. You can advertisement for your page
    Hope this will helpful.

OM.SEOExpert, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  11. sunil_gupta20801

sunil_gupta20801 Active Member

Best Answers:
    One is enough because in anyway your website is not going to be so different to cover needs of so many different people. Have one page, work hard on that. It will reduce your extra work you are putting in different pages.

sunil_gupta20801, Jun 22, 2013 IP
  12. OM.SEOExpert

OM.SEOExpert Banned

Best Answers:
    Use one page only but with full dedications and its do works

OM.SEOExpert, Jun 23, 2013 IP
  13. Hirok

Hirok Member

Best Answers:
    That's not good..use only one facebook fan page to promote your business in order to maintain. Give your dedication to only one page. Update quality content on your page so that get engaged. Then people will attract to your business.

Hirok, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  14. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have 8 pages so you obviously post one website link on one facebook page similar on 8 page , so why you not work hard on one page and make attractive & professional . multiple pages may be your customer will be confused or cheater will have chance to make one more and get money behalf of your company ?

OSSEO, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  15. lesa mitchell

lesa mitchell Member

Best Answers:
    One account would suffice it, you can just concentrate on one account rather than working on multiple accounts.

lesa mitchell, Jun 25, 2013 IP
  16. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, You can merge the facebook pages, so that you wont lost any fans or likes. Maintaining a single facebook page is the best for your business.

rashida, Jun 25, 2013 IP
  17. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your question is pretty interesting. I think its a good idea to make multiple facebook pages if you can make them really good and attractive. But making 8 pages is a lot of them. Just limit them to 3-4. Make one of them the same name as your brand and prioritize it. The rest should not reflect your brand directly. They could be about any related topic and indirectly refer people to your website through long term relationship and followership.

traxport121, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  18. CaliStyle

CaliStyle Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would never have more than one. The main reason is activity and authority. By having more than one Facebook page you are spreading out your activity and you look like less of an authority. However, if you have one page, all of those likes, comments, and shares all go toward your one page. So this alone is enough reason to only have one page. Not to mention all of the reasons above that everyone else already pointed out to you. It's all about making yourself look as attractive and organized as possible. :]

CaliStyle, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  19. Facebook Ads Expert

Facebook Ads Expert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    To have more than one page for a single website is definitely NOT a good idea. The upkeep alone should be enough for you to realise that this would be a bad decision. To make the most out of your Facebook page and improve your Edgerank I recommend that you post 2-4 times a day. With 8 pages this would meen posting between 16 and 32 posts per day!

There are many positive attributes of having a popular page with a lot of likes and interactions event if it is only for appearance reasons. Plus, how would you market all of these pages?

There are far too many reasons for me to list why this is a bad idea! If you want any more advice just ask or PM me!

Facebook Ads Expert, Jul 5, 2013 IP
  20. Satazabuki

Satazabuki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Base your work only on one page. 8 of them is really much.

Satazabuki, Jul 5, 2013 IP