1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what point of the selling your site under $150

Discussion in 'General Business' started by conie k, Jun 26, 2013.

Every time I want to list a site here on DP I stumble upon sites that are listed under $150 which I don't get, even I was in need of quick cash I would still charge over $1000 at least.

what the big deal? what a point of creating a website/blog if you are only going to sell for $50 bucks or is it because I over values mime.

conie k, Jun 26, 2013 IP
  2. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have seen a lot of websites on flippa with a BIN of around $200~
    The thing is, these sites are created and sold about once a week, you continue to create the same old site(in this case it was a Hotel Price compare site and some generic SEO outsourcing site), there are sites like that on sale EVERY day, and its from the same guy, the only difference is the template and the domain name.

They are not worth anything as there are so many of them.
    I wouldn't even buy one of those for 50 bucks.

Helge Sverre, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  3. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm also selling sites for $50.. The point is that $50 doesn't mean to much for me, but when I'm selling sites here, those are projects that I don't have time for it.. I can't ask $200 for a site who doesn't worth that much.. If I don't have time for putting an effort to make something from it, I just sell it here...

VukasinI, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Imagine, some people make a site for very little money. Domain (what $8.99?), scrape some content and rewrite it (manually or with a spinner), spam a few links (if even that) and sell it for $50. Easy money, especially if you're selling three per day (for example). Not that I do it, but can just see why people do it.

I've bought some sites for under $50 just for the domains.

ryan_uk, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  5. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    if you have good quality content, why not.. see some example in flippa where user overing website over 10.000$...

robyries, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    everyone has different reasons for selling. For example, I have sites in a niche that I am no longer interested in, some of them cost $xxx in development, but at some point, offloading them (even if it is well below the cost to develop) frees up time, and money that would otherwise be lost in keeping and maintaining those sites.

The majority of sites that are for sale though (i dont meant to piss off anyone here, but nonetheless), are just generic sites copy/paste sites. For example, look on flippa, you will see a dozen or so of the same sites, be it 5-12 game sites that are all "$97 BIN" but all use the same arcade script, each with a premium domain name, each with high potential, i mean really, if you sell 100 sites that are nearly identical, does site 100 really have great potiential? I mean really? the first 99 werent successful, but still selling the concept that yes, your 100th identical site still has great potiential.

i think in the last month or so, there was almost a dozen different web hosting companies, all pretty much the same thing, same design, where if you look over the site(s) properly you find references back to other site(s) they sell where they have just copy/pasted the information. I wonder how many seo services websites will be sold next month, again with exact copy / paste from site to site.

With these types of sites, well, the only money in them, is by selling them, not running them.Think about it, domain costs under $10, takes under 10mins to set up the site and everything. anything over $10 is therefor a profit.

matt_62, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  7. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    The thing is your site is earning money then it would sell at higher prices, you can try Flippa as well, it is also a good buy-sell website as of now.

SERPpoint, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  8. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:

I agree. I think the uniqueness of the content on it as well as the quality of what is posted on the site pages is worth something in addition to the age of the domain, page rank, domain authority. I think several factors should be considered when buying a domain.

Alyssa Lochmore, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's just normal economic supply and demand... people selling super cheap sites for less than $150 obviously aren't making any money on it. The higher quality the site, the more it will sell for.

digitalpoint, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  10. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I would sell some of my sites even cheaper since they are not making any money and just keep taking up my time and it also costs something to run them.

syda, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  11. mikefilasaime

mikefilasaime Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, almost every aspect has been covered by the members. Still you will see people selling site for $50 - $150 - $250 on flippa inspite of it big fees is due to:

1) Site is not good enough and they just want to have something as there value.

2) Few of them want to try there luck.

3) Selling the similar niche sites just after changing the template and domain name (they just list it and usually dont by upgrade or feature listings.)

4) I checked on flippa and found that the site sold b/w $50 & $xx are usually offering the services which the winner have to order in future from the seller. This way seller is getting recurring money from the winners pocket. ie, seo offering sites, link building sites, Social marketing sites etc.

Here is the one this that I saw and realized on flippa that any NEW SITES with:

Adsense Revenue & Traffic proof Sell for 10 - 20 times of revenue shown
    Paypal and traffic proofs with 5 - 15 times of revenue shown
    Click bank and other affiliate revenue site with traffic proofs 5 - 10 times of revenue shown
    (Revenue calculated on monthly basis)

Ratio goes double for ESTABLISHED SITES

mikefilasaime, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  12. Domain.gs

Domain.gs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It`s all relative. $150 to many people is a decent amount, to another it`s peanuts. It`s like the question of "how much do you earn per day online?" or "what would be enough for you to live comfortably off?" So many variables such as where you are from, your own circumstances, how old you are etc.

Domain.gs, Jun 30, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  13. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    Domain: $8-$10 or less
    Hosting: $7-$10 or less
    Wordpress: Free
    Wordpress Theme: Free
    Content: $0 if stolen or written by hand

Total investment: We'll say $30 max.
    Time to build: If content stolen, 1 hour or less.
    Sell for $150-$200 = $120+ profit for 1 hour of work.

Many of these types of sites are using stolen content/images/etc and prey on people being too ignorant or lazy to validate the authenticity of the site and its content. Even if a person spends all day, typing up some articles for such a site, they're still banking $120+ profit for a day's work.

Thriftypreneur, Jun 30, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  14. websoutlook

websoutlook Member

Best Answers:
    Yes,If you need to analyze any type of website you can go to
    websoutlook.com
    Here you can estimate the earnings of any website. It is not accurate but can can give you basic idea about your website worth and rankings in google,etc.

websoutlook, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  15. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've seen many people selling these kind of sites under $50. The reason is quick money. They've not optimized it well, content is not high quality and designs are many times more or less the same too. So it's just a day's of work maximum and they earn quick money. To be frank, 3rd world countries does it most, as the dollar exchange rate makes a big difference.

But there are sites you can sell for good money. You need to be original, good quality and persistent. It takes around 2 years to develop a decent good site and yes that kind of site can sell well. But you can't count on it alone. Once you dive in to internet marketing, there are heaps of simultaneous things you'll have to do.

Otherwise, just focus on one and make it happen anyway. And if you actually do a great job, you'll end up keeping the site. Best of luck! :)

GAdsense, Jul 1, 2013 IP
  16. marl09

marl09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I agree with you what a wast.I can make much more then $150 per day trading forex.

marl09, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  17. Domain.gs

Domain.gs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It isn`t a waste at all. What works for one person doesn`t have to work for the next. You need to look at the bigger picture.

Domain.gs, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  18. gainsvillesun

gainsvillesun Active Member

Best Answers:
    My issue is any site that sells for less than $250 on Flippa is just a waste of time, probably stolen content up to their eyeballs, one person selling the same site over and over again until the cows moo and come home.

Flippa's listing fee is $30 USD I believe now, so why would a person list a site for $50 when the listing fee is already more than half the price of the site, not to mention the fee charged once the site sells!Some people simply can't do math.

I laugh everythime I see low quality sites on Flippa with ridiculous income claims. I always think to myself: ''yeah right buddy your website is making $1000/month, yet here you have the site listed to sell for $300!...Let me think about buying that piece of treasure from you. NOT!''

gainsvillesun, Jul 3, 2013 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  19. gkuang2

gkuang2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of these sites are not established site. No one would pay for a site that is new with no revenue. Like someone mentioned most of the sites begin sold are not even unique.

gkuang2, Jul 3, 2013 IP